My NFL Live Mock Draft Finally Complete

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, it is over. I drafted for the Cardinals and for Jacksonville since we had to take an AFC team as well. Here is what I came out with:

Arizona Cardinals:

1(6) Byron Leftwich QB Marshall-Franchise QB. Might have gone defense here but Suggs, Newman, and Robertson were gone.

2(37) Ty Warren DT Texas A&M-Will Make Bryant Better. Had an ankle injury last year or he would have went higher.

3(70) Anquan Boldin WR Florida St.-Big target that has soft hands. Playing at Florida he excelled against good competition and should contribute immediately.

4(102) Antwaan Peek DE Cincinnati-Situational pass rusher who can come in on third down and get the pressure we need.

5(141) Shaun McDonald WR Arizona St.-Martay who? This speedster becomes our KR/PR, our slot receiver, and our bullet guy on special teams. My favorite pick.

6(177) Chris Brown CB UAB-Tall and physical corner (6'1) who has decent speed and can play press coverage.

6(210) Austin King C Northwestern-Not a dominating center, but a smart player who rarely makes mistakes.

7. Spencer Nead-TE BYU Nice Hands, great speed. Strictly a value pick. Would upgrade our special teams unit. We are going to play some power football this year and you need 3 TEs for that.

Analysis: Defense is deep in this draft. I was able to make the luxury pick of Leftwich and still address our pass rushing needs. Same with WRs. I feel I was able to address every Cardinal weakness with this draft.

Jacksonville Jaguars

1(8) Andre Johnson WR Miami-Jags get a guy to start opposite of Jimmy Smith and eventually replace him.

2(39) Jeff Faine C Notre Dame-Top Center in the draft, fills a huge need on their offensive line.

3(72) LaMarcus McDonald LB TCU-Jaguars linebackers are very ordinary.

4(104) Drew Henson QB Michigan-Has given enough hints he is willing to give up baseball to warrant this gamble. Brunell might only play for one more season. This is the perfect situation for Henson.

4(132) Aaron Walker TE Florida-Kyle Brady is a nice #2, but that is it.

5(143) Ovie Mughelli FB Wake Forest-Best blocking FB in the draft, which is good since the Jaguars have no one of consequence at FB.

6(179) Tony Gilbert LB Georgia-A steal here at MLB. Jags lost Rainer and need someone to come in and play.

Analysis: Jaguars addressed their defensive needs in Free Agency with Hugh Douglas. So I focused on offense with this draft. Fred Taylor would be loving this draft. The selection of Johnson means that the safeties have to stay at home and Jeff Faine and Mughelli should really open up some cut back lanes for him.

Best pick Cardinals?: I would say valuewise is McDonald but reality wise it is Leftwich. I didn't panic when the top defenders went off the board and I took the best player available. I was still able to hit the rest of our needs in the later rounds.

Best Pick Jaguars?: Without a doubt it is Jeff Faine. I was tempted to take him with the Cardinals pick, but if I took Leftwich, than defense was my next pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Who was left at runningback in the third when Jacksonville picked? That about the only thing that I would have done differently for them, I wouldn't have take McDonald.

McDonald was so bad in workouts, that I wouldn't even take him on the first day at all. An undersized OLB can't run a 5.0 without creating legitimate concerns about his ability at the next level.

Jacksonville needs a good backup runningback since Stacey Mack went to the Texans. If Musa Smith was available there (which he probably wasn't) he would have been a steal there.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
can you mail that draft into Tagliabue and make it the Cards official draft?I would be happy.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
I like the Card's draft alot.

We adress EVERYTHING.

DL - We have a solid D Line (Strong middle, some pass rush on ends)
WR - Good core of WR's - just need to sign a vet.
QB - Blake now, Leftwich later (Thats all I need to say)
OL - We're set
CB, DB - Very solid with a pass rush

RB - Already set (Smith now, Shipp later)
FB - Hodgins
LB - All set

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else want McDonald?

If he is there in the 4th to 5th round, I think he is very hard for the Cardinals to pass up.

As far as Jacksonville, a lot of the RBs went early. Musa Smith went in the second round I believe. Ultimately, there will be plenty of backups you can sign for RB after June 1st.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Re: Anyone else want McDonald?

Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
If he is there in the 4th to 5th round, I think he is very hard for the Cardinals to pass up.

The War Room have him going early in the 4th.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
The only thing I would have changed have been to draft C Faine instead of Warren. DT is certainly a need on this team, but I think a long term starting center is the bigger need in this case.