Morgan Freeman in Serious Condition...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Bummer... Hope he pulls through!!

Freeman in serious condition after car accident

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2008/08/04/20080804morganhtml.html#commentsAug. 4, 2008 09:39 AM
Associated Press
JACKSON, Miss. - Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman has been injured in car accident in Mississippi and is in a hospital in Memphis, Tennessee.
Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer says Freeman is in serious condition.
The hospital, commonly known as The Med, is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.

Ashley Norris, manager of the Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale that is owned by Freeman, confirmed the 71-year-old actor was in a wreck. Norris said she had no other details.
The accident apparently occurred in Tallahatchie County Mississippi, but the sheriff's department referred calls to the Mississippi Highway Patrol. A highway patrol spokesman wasn't immediately available for comment

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. I hope it all turns out ok. :(

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
He's got the most captivating voice I've ever heard. I hope he's okay.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Get well soon wishes -- he is one of my very favorites, probably #1 in that general age group. And yes, isn't his voice magnificent? Gentle, rich, clear, without any of the ponderousness or heaviness of say, James Earl Jones.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wasnt he scheduled to play mandela in a film directed by eastwood? Hopefully that will still happen.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I heard the car he was in was a 97 Sentra.

More respect for driving what drives and not driving what shines.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morgan Freeman and his wife are divorcing..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080807/ap_en_ot/people_morgan_freeman
Freeman's lawyer, Bill Luckett, told the Memphis Commercial-Appeal in Thursday's editions that a divorce action is pending for the actor and Myrna Colley-Lee, his wife of 24 years. Luckett declined to provide details.

There was no answer Thursday at phone numbers for Luckett or for Freeman's publicist, Donna Lee.

No divorce papers have been filed in Tallahatchie County where Freeman owns a home with Colley-Lee, according to Tallahatchie County Chancery Clerk Anita Mullen Greenw

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who really cares about the divorce?

From USA Today: The news that the Oscar winner and his wife have been separated since December 2007 has raised suspicions that the woman who was in the car with Freeman when he crashed was his new love.