Michael Irvin is a Jackass

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

I know you all pretty much know this, but I just saw him on the Best Damn Sports Show Period, and he ripped into the Cards, saying that they were the worst, had the worst owner ever born, and stuff like that. Then, they talked about Emmitt maybe coming here. Tony Bruno (one of the regular guests) asks why Emmitt would go play for the worst team, as Irvin said, for any reason but the money. Irvin got pissed, said "maybe Emmitt isn't one of those guys who wants to go to a contender, maybe he wants to make them a contender!" What an idiot Irvin is.

adam
________
Vermont medical marijuana

Last edited:

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wish I could find something to disagree with Irvin about. I'm not really sure what the problem with the contender comment was...

OP
OP
green machine

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

I was more or less referring to the fact that Irvin talked about how we are the worst team and have the worst everything, how we'll never win and all. Then when his boy Emmitt was being questioned for maybe coming here, then it was how Emmitt wanted to build this team into a winner.

adam
________
ZOLOFT SETTLEMENT INFORMATION

Last edited:

brews

Rookie
Reaction score
I question why Emmitt would want to come here. He says he wants a two year contract. It's fairly certain that the Cards won't be in the playoffs next year, and the following year is doubtful. Do you want someone coming year who's just trying to play out the last couple of years and pick up a paycheck?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, does anyone here actually believe Emmitt Smith is going to sign with the Arizona Cardinals? If the Cards had franchised David Boston and kept him around I would have called them a long shot to get Smith. Now I think there's absolutely no way he's coming here. It's a courtesy visit.

Joe Mama

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Originally posted by brews
I question why Emmitt would want to come here. He says he wants a two year contract. It's fairly certain that the Cards won't be in the playoffs next year, and the following year is doubtful. Do you want someone coming year who's just trying to play out the last couple of years and pick up a paycheck?

Actually, I think we have a shot at the playoffs this upcoming season, and certainly the year after as well. I'll bet most of the players and coaches feel the same way as well. If not, we have far bigger problems than losing DBo.

We just shed ourselves of Jake, and it appears we are going to invest heavily in rebuilding the Defense. Not with undrafted rookies as in the past couple of years, but with a few stud free agents.

I'm very curious to see what next years team can do.

Go Cards!!!

Go Cards!!!

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
I was more or less referring to the fact that Irvin talked about how we are the worst team and have the worst everything, how we'll never win and all. Then when his boy Emmitt was being questioned for maybe coming here, then it was how Emmitt wanted to build this team into a winner.

adam

Adam,

At this point I have to agree (as much as I hate to) with Irvin. Until I see solid FA signings I will be skeptical. I wish it was not the case but we were 5-11 last year and it does not look like we will be any better. Maybe worse.

I do not care much for Irvin. But every now and then a blind squirl (sp) will find an acorn. I think he found one.

And for the record. Letting Boston go with out any compensation was bone head. Graves should be seriously chastised for that move. Letting Boston go without comp only strenghens the argument that we are the worse franchise and have the most inept front office.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose