Maybe it's just me, but isn't Tolbert our receivers coach?

marshallrider

Rookie
Reaction score
kerouac9,
you obviously are very ignorant with your thoughts on Kasper and know absolutley nothing about him and are basically talking out of your ass, so why try to jump on a kid when you are completely oblivious to his career.

Harpo

All Hail the New Regime!
Reaction score
Scottie Montgomery, of the Broncos

Hey, Jackass. The Broncos cut Montgomery. Kasper has never been on a practice squad. He has started a number of games for the Broncos and the Cards. He filled in as a stop gap in in Seattle for a couple weeks when they had some injuries at WR. He has been claimed off waivers within 24 hours both times he was released. The Broncos were really high on him, but he had some injury problems with them, and they were stacked at WR after the addition of Lelie. He did however make the team, and was in the top 5 in the league in kickoff returnes when he was cut by the Broncos. (On a side note, that was the week there season went in the dumper). This kid is going to surprise some people this year. Hell, he scored more TD's than Boston, Jenkins, Gilmore, or McAddley for the Cards last year.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
Since when is it a defensive Head Coach's job to run the offense? I thought the O-Coordinator's job was to be in charge of the offense. Perhaps I was wrong, along with every other observer of the NFL.

I don't know if Graves is talking to anyone besides Mac or not. What I do know is that I haven't heard word one from our new Offensive Guru since he signed his contract right before the Senior Bowl. I can say that I've never heard anything from Mac saying that he discussed this with Coach Sullivan, or anything from Graves saying the same thing.

I'm not questioning Sully's ability to do anything, I'm just saying that if he can't orchestrate an Offense, and can only work with WRs as a teacher, perhaps he's better off not orchestrating the offense.

It's a chain of command thing. Part of the job description for being a Head Coach is to be the mouthpiece for the coaches and the team. Sullivan is "resonsible" for the O, but he still works for Mac. Thats just the way it works wether its the military, business, or sports.

Also, you say that you're not questioning his ability, but IN the same sentence, you question his ability to orchestrate an offense...BEFORE THEY"VE EVEN PRACTICED ONE DAY!

I don't know what you have against the guy, but your argument just dosen't make sense to me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by CaliforniaCard
It's a chain of command thing. Part of the job description for being a Head Coach is to be the mouthpiece for the coaches and the team. Sullivan is "resonsible" for the O, but he still works for Mac. Thats just the way it works wether its the military, business, or sports.

Also, you say that you're not questioning his ability, but IN the same sentence, you question his ability to orchestrate an offense...BEFORE THEY"VE EVEN PRACTICED ONE DAY!

I don't know what you have against the guy, but your argument just dosen't make sense to me.

I don't know. Tell that to the Steve Spurrier/Marvin Lewis two-headed monster in DC last season.

Honestly, I like Sully, and I hope he's a great OC. I just think it seems that he's been isolated by the personnel people, and doesn't seem to have a lot of input. Do you think that Sully was excited to have Smith on the roster? Why didn't Mac or Graves say something about it? All it would take is for Graves to say, "Myself, Mr. Bidwill, Coach Mac, and Coach Sullivan are all very excited to have this player as a Cardinal." But Sully's name has been conspicuouly absent from all the talk about the Cards' offseason acquision (for those keeping score, it's Offense 4, Defense 2). Sully will be the #1 man in charge of the O, but doesn't have anything to say about the signing of the so-called "Greatest Running Back of All Time."

Like my mom always said, but I rarely heed: If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
I don't know. Tell that to the Steve Spurrier/Marvin Lewis two-headed monster in DC last season.

Honestly, I like Sully, and I hope he's a great OC. I just think it seems that he's been isolated by the personnel people, and doesn't seem to have a lot of input. Do you think that Sully was excited to have Smith on the roster? Why didn't Mac or Graves say something about it? All it would take is for Graves to say, "Myself, Mr. Bidwill, Coach Mac, and Coach Sullivan are all very excited to have this player as a Cardinal." But Sully's name has been conspicuouly absent from all the talk about the Cards' offseason acquision (for those keeping score, it's Offense 4, Defense 2). Sully will be the #1 man in charge of the O, but doesn't have anything to say about the signing of the so-called "Greatest Running Back of All Time."

Like my mom always said, but I rarely heed: If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

How do you know that Sullivan doesn't have a lot of input?

Many you really are making things up to be concerned about....

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
How do you know that Sullivan doesn't have a lot of input?

I don't know. I'm just speculating/using deductive reasoning based on what I've seen.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain

Well, well, well now Mr. Krang (if that's your real name!), how does that relate to the fact that you LOVE to watch Richard Simmons workout tapes! And that you think Carrot-Top would make a good #1 WR in Sully's "10-10-220" offensive scheme!

Enquiring minds want to know!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You know......some of you little children are getting really, really boring with all your puberty bytes.
Why don't you post like you have some semblance of a brain!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
You know......some of you little children are getting really, really boring with all your puberty bytes.

Lame. :wave:

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just For the Record...Krang, my last post here was not directed to you.
Feeling sensitive today? :cool:

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score

I'm sure I was the straw that broke the camel's back, so please allow me a retort...

I would post more mature, serious, and insightful statements. But there are some issues that prevent me from doing that.

The complete lack of anything new happenings of any significant note in realtion to the team of which this message board is based, that being the Arizona Cardinals. As that is the case, we are left debating the same old matters at hand. Those being:

1. Who do we draft
2. Which free agent do we sign.
3. What local or national "sports personality" has written or said something negative about our franchise of choice, deserving immediate rebuttal.

As I am sure you realize, ALL of these subjects have had ALL viewpoints stated over and over again, completely exhausting ALL legitimate avenues of debate.

Unless you are advocating that we only participate on the message board on a once weekly or bi-weekly basis, I'm sorry to tell you that you will have to endure more than your fair share of childish antics and juvenile humor.

Perhaps, as your signature clearly states, you are a bit too serious about this GAME we call football. I will continue to attempt to add some light-heartedness to these threads.

If my posts strike you as something you would prefer to not to read, simply skip them or block me. It makes no difference to me.

Besides which, I gave away any "semblance of a brain" in exchange for the opportunity to have a social life as a young adult. Perhaps tequila with a vodka chaser wasn't such a good idea after graduating high school, I can't say...

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just For the Record...Krang, my last post here was not directed to you.
Feeling sensitive today? :cool:

I thought you were.....sorry....the "brain" comment made me think that. :D

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken

I would post more mature, serious, and insightful statements. But there are some issues that prevent me from doing that.

Besides which, I gave away any "semblance of a brain" in exchange for the opportunity to have a social life as a young adult. Perhaps tequila with a vodka chaser wasn't such a good idea after graduating high school, I can't say...

Then maybe you should follow the advice of some of these people..........

Charles Coltone who said:"If you have nothing to say, say nothing"

Or perhaps Dionysius: "Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent"

Or Plato: "Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something."

Or finally, Will Rogers: "Never miss an opportunity to shut up."

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Then maybe you should follow the advice of some of these people..........

Charles Coltone who said:"If you have nothing to say, say nothing"

Or perhaps Dionysius: "Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent"

Or Plato: "Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something."

Or finally, Will Rogers: "Never miss an opportunity to shut up."

Oh, ok Mr. Tango, I shall simply heed your unsolicited advice? Are you a moderator, or someone who has appointed themselves "The Guardian Against Tom-Foolery"?

I'm glad to see that you are so well read that you had those wonderful quotes to offer up. How long have you been saving those, waiting for just the right moment to use them? Perhaps your diatribe would find more kindly ears if those words were indeed your own.

No matter...

I shall let this matter rest, and afford you the last word. Carrying on this little "back-and-forth" will only lead to more unnecessary, less serious posts that you apparently loathe to no end. Besides which, I have too many idiotic statements to continue to throw up on this board before the day is done.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard