Supporting Member
Reaction score
Madagascar

Release Date: May 27, 2005
Studio: DreamWorks Pictures
Director: Eric Darnell, Tom McGrath
Screenwriter: Mark Burton, Billy Frolick
Genre: Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Family, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG (for mild language, crude humor and some thematic elements)

Starring: Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, Jada Pinkett-Smith, David Schwimmer, Sacha Baron Cohen, Cedric the Entertainer, Andy Richter, Gwen Stefani

Plot Summary: Ben Stiller ("Meet the Parents"), Chris Rock ("Chris Rock Never Scared"), David Schwimmer (TV's "Friends") and Jada Pinkett Smith ("Collateral") star as the voices of four zoo animals who hang up when they hear the call of the wild.

Alex the Lion (Stiller) is the king of the urban jungle, the main attraction at New York's Central Park Zoo. He and his best friends Marty the Zebra (Rock), Melman the Giraffe (Schwimmer) and Gloria the Hippo (Pinkett Smith) have lived their entire lives in blissful captivity, with regular meals provided and an admiring public to adore them.

Not content to leave well enough alone, Marty allows his curiosity to get the better of him and, with the help of some prodigious penguins, makes his escape to explore the world he's been missing. Alex, Melman and Gloria go after him, but before they can go wild in the streets, they are captured, crated and put on a ship to Africa... to be ultimately set free.

When those plotting penguins sabotage the ship, Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria find themselves washed ashore on the exotic island of Madagascar. Now, these native New Yorkers have to figure out how to survive in the wild and discover the true meaning of the phrase "It's a jungle out there."

Attachments

• madagascar.jpg
    madagascar.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 138
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump...

Attachments

• madagascar2.jpg
    madagascar2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 129

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I promised my kids that we'd go see this sometime this summer. Looks really funny! I'll give my kids opinion once we've seen it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday with the kids - it was a very entertaining movie.

From the previews, I thought this was going to be kind of a like Ice Age, - just an attempt to make an animmated kids movie with not much substance, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The kids really enjoyed it, and so did the wife and I.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
If it wasn't for the Penquins and Lemurs this movie would not have been as good.

I loved it when the Penquins got to Antartica!!

"Okay....this really sucks!!"

Kids loved it though, which is what counts.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
PortlandCardFan said:
If it wasn't for the Penquins and Lemurs this movie would not have been as good.

The same thing was said about "The Godfather" when it was originally released.

A-Bomb

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PortlandCardFan said:
I didn't know there were Penquins and Lemurs in 'Godfather'...

You don't remember the scene where the dude wakes up with a Lemur head in his bed?

*chilling*

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kids and I just got back from this. It was quite good!!! The kids laughed, I laughed, my youngest almost cried at one point even. (She's even more sensitive than I am in movies!!! LOL!) This is one that we'll most likely be buying as soon as it comes out on dvd. The girls have already asked if we can take daddy to see it, so they can see it again!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. My kids loved it, but I thought it was just okay. The penguins were hilarious and stole the show in my opinion.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
I just watched it. My kids loved it, but I thought it was just okay. The penguins were hilarious and stole the show in my opinion.

Also watched this over the weekend... Pretty enjoyable...

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Didn't like it.

Me neither.....

I have a real problem with David Schwimmer but I looked past that and still didn't like it

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
p.s.

Am I the only one who thinks that David Schwimmer is gay? I think the only thing that is keeping him in the closet is his (chuckle) "career".

What does he care at this point, he gets so much money in royalties from Friends

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess. He hasn’t done much, but he was pretty good in Band of Brothers. He was in a show called “Friends” for a while. I think that he just has a “defeated” sounding voice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose