BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This was just recently posted on the Cowboys board:

Profootballtalk.com: Bears will trade down [Post#: 271732 ]
Posted by 802_Dave (User )
Posted on 4/22/03 03:02 PM

POSTED 7:03 a.m. EDT, April 22, 2003

BEARS WILL TRADE DOWN

Despite recent comments to the contrary from coach Dick Jauron, our moles in Chitown tell us that the Bears definitely will move out of the No. 4 overall spot in the draft, assuming that *.M. Jerry Angelo can find an adequate trade partner.

Per the source, the Bears are ready to send the No. 4 pick and a fifth-rounder in exchange for a pick in the #8 to #15 range, along with a second and a fourth.

We're hearing that the most likely trade partners are the Raiders and a Broncos. Other teams looking to move up could be the Jets and the Ravens.

The decision to move down was driven in large part by the disappointing results of defensive end Terrell Suggs' "do-over" workout. Suggs failed to improve on the mediocre 40-yard dash times that he posted in his March workout, making it harder for the Bears to justify burning a top-five pick on him.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
"profootballtalk.com" is also the site that infamously "announced" that Colvin signed with the Lions, remember?

They get their "news" off of fan boards. It's all made up. They refer to moles or insiders but the guy who runs that site just mines rumors off of message boards.

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
this article is from those special dudes at profootballtalk.com; the most relaible site on the web (hahaha).

OP
OP
T

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Those damn Bears are driving me nuts. Trying to figure out what they are going to do is a real crapshoot.

They could easily take Leftwich, Suggs, Robertson, or Kennedy.

And what they do is probably going to have a big effect on the rest of the draft.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by General Chaos
this article is from those special dudes at profootballtalk.com; the most relaible site on the web (hahaha).

haha I beat you to it by about 5 seconds!

worst site on the internet, bar none, for news. It's all just rumors reprinted as "secret insider info"!

Turned out that they got the hot colvin-to-lions story off a Lions fan board. Ummm............

OP
OP
T

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Where is a good Cowboy board, Tango?

The one I found, that seems pretty good, is the football forum at the Dallas Morning News.
I'll find the link and post it.

OP
OP
T

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can any of you Chicago guys....or anyone for that matter...
recommend a decent Bears site?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
The Bear Report

http://citadel.ezboard.com/fbearsfansfrm1

That is probably the best but I have a heck of a time accessing it with any speed anymore. I haven't been there in weeks and weeks.

I have been searching for another Bears site but most of them you have to wade through all the crap from other fans talking their lunacy simply to find a good conversation.

OP
OP
T

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thanks.

I'm beginning to think that the Bears may just take Suggs.
I see some comments that Angelo has some concerns about Leftwiches health.

A lot of Bear posters are picking Ragone in the second round.

I could see them going Suggs first round, Ragone 2nd. I think Chicago is actually the place Suggs is most likely to best fit into.

Washington and Traylor should still be around for at least one more year, so replacing them just yet, might be a lower priority than the DE and QB position.
I don't think many people feel Kordell is the long term answer there.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I am well known and hated at that Dallas Board. They know me as aholecentral.

One of them came looking for me at the Dallas game last year.

He claims to have came to my seats asking for me.

D Pasch

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
This was just recently posted on the Cowboys board:

Profootballtalk.com: Bears will trade down [Post#: 271732 ]
Posted by 802_Dave (User )
Posted on 4/22/03 03:02 PM

POSTED 7:03 a.m. EDT, April 22, 2003

BEARS WILL TRADE DOWN

I talked to a very reliable source today in Chicago. The Bears are trying to trade down, and the Jets are one of the teams they're talking to. If they don't, I am told the Bears will not pick Leftwich, so it will be either Robertson, Suggs, or Newman.

Dave Pasch

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Latest New Rumor Re: Bears

I talked to a very reliable source today in Chicago. The Bears are trying to trade down, and the Jets are one of the teams they're talking to. If they don't, I am told the Bears will not pick Leftwich, so it will be either Robertson, Suggs, or Newman.

They had a Chi Sun-Times writer on Jurecki's show the other day. He was convinced they would take Robertson - almost to the point where he felt it was a done deal.

This is the most wild, who-knows-what draft I can remember in a long time!

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to see the Bears walking away from a QB unless Leftwich's leg is really mangled. I still feel if he's on the board when we pick it's a trade down or we take him. If we trade down Suggs may even still fall to us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn