Kurt Warner breaks down Kyler vs Saints

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
False.

Kurt sucked in NFLE and learned to read a defense quickly and thread the needle in the Arena League...
Iowa Barnstormers if i recall.

But everyone knows that....

I fell for sarcasm didnt i?

Damn.
Not sure where I said Kurt was good in Europe.
I think you're right about the barnstormers.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol young? Kurt was 28 I believe when he first started for the rams, and played football for many years in arena leagues and such. So no he want a young qb with little experience! And Kurt had some help with the greatest show on turf HOF help, Faulk, Bruce, Holt and I’m sure I’m forgetting others… Point being Murray is still very young and still has years to learn and grow…
I didn't realize KW was 28 when he got his first start in the NFL.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
a few observations on the video:

kurt does a good job explaining concepts -- i need to subscribe.

it seemed like Kyler did a pretty decent job overall -- which matched the eye test. FWIW-- given the quality of the Saints D and the CBs playing: he should have.

one thing the all-22 video shows that gets lost in the still photos: NFL defenders close space at an astonishingly fast pace.
I can’t stress this enough. It’s why I don’t invest much weight into still photos.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I won’t blame Kliff’s plays. The open receivers are there. Its just Kyler seems to be 1 sec too late on his throws. Either he takes too long reading the DBs or the timing is off between his receivers other than DHop. KK’s plays are 3 seconds plays. If its over 3 secs its a busted play. Its not Kyler getting frustrated with KK but I think KK is frustrated with KM.

KM misses DHop and Kirk. Kirk was a receiver KM trusted.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
False.

Kurt sucked in NFLE and learned to read a defense quickly and thread the needle in the Arena League...
Iowa Barnstormers if i recall.

But everyone knows that....

I fell for sarcasm didnt i?

Damn.
Kurt was the top QB in NFL Europe. Led the league in touchdowns and passing yardage.

Guessing that you were simply joking around, but didn't want others to think he actually wasn't good at that point.

Reaction score
If only. . . It's been mentioned previously, and sadly it's not "in the Cards" :deadhorse2: But damn it sure would be great to have Warner as QB coach for the Cardinals!

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flip side of the field. Really illustrates that fine difference in the NFL between a good or bad result.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Watching this first play that got put on Wilson and I really don't like the defensive formation. You have 7 defenders covering 4 and still Wilson ends up isolated 1 v 1. Simmons and Murphy left defending air and both safeties covering the same receiver.

I'm surprised Hamilton knelt down on his INT too. He had 2 receivers and 4 defenders on that side of the field to return it. Not inconceivable that he doesn't get 40-50 yards on the return there if not take it all the way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson