I've been avoiding it the latest Lance Armstrong stuff

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't go into the latest allegations and investigation of him it's all too similar to all the others it's amazing how many people must be involved in this conspiracy it's almost as if he actually did use PED's.

But if people have any doubt about this stuff all you need to know is many months ago Lance notified the organizers of the Tour of California that he would be making his final race there before likely announcing his retirement. Shortly after that they announced that they were hiring the US anti doping people to handle their drug testing and would for the first time ever do off event testing including the first tests scheduled for mid Feb. The race starts in May so you can see this is serious testing 3 months before the race.

And yesterday the organizers responded to questions about why they aren't currently listing Armstrong as being in the event by saying "he hasn't confirmed, last we heard he wasn't sure." So he told them nearly a year ago he'd be there, confirmed it a few months ago, and yet totally by coincidence after they announce a new testing setup that's much more stringent, suddenly he doesn't know?

He raced recently in Australia and did very poorly so I am sure if he skips the California event he'll just say he's tired or he's too old etc but once again in the midst of being investigated this is now like the 3rd time he's responded to more stringent testing by pulling out of an event.

He should have just stayed retired at least then most Americans still believed him, I think now that has changed?

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
He should have just stayed retired at least then most Americans still believed him, I think now that has changed?

Honestly, I don't think most Americans care that much. Armstrong's popularity in the US now is based mainly on the fact that he beat cancer and for all the charity work and cancer awareness he's done, "Livestrong" etc.

Unless investigators find the proverbial smoking gun I don't think Armstrong will ever face a public backlash in this country, and maybe not even then for the reasons I listed above.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think most Americans care that much. Armstrong's popularity in the US now is based mainly on the fact that he beat cancer and for all the charity work and cancer awareness he's done, "Livestrong" etc.

Unless investigators find the proverbial smoking gun I don't think Armstrong will ever face a public backlash in this country, and maybe not even then for the reasons I listed above.

Entirely possible it just seems everytime ESPN runs a story on him when you look at the comments each time the % defending Lance seems to decline.

The most recent revelations are just more of the same they've now uncovered emails which prove he didn't really sever ties with the guy who was so notorious for doping when he said he did, they have proof he was still working with the guy years after he said he broke it off because the guy was involved in a doping investigation.

He's kind of become like Brett Favre to me I wish he'd just retire and focus on his cancer fundraising his continuation in the sport is just tarnishing his image IMHO.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And to the surprise of nobody who pays attention, he has announced he's retiring and won't compete in the Tour of California, which just coincidentally has adopted much more stringent test guidelines.

I hope he stays retired this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard