I'm ready for some baseball.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never felt that way before. Always been a casual baseball fan, never serious.

Baseball season was just a way to fill the sports gap between the NFL draft and the opening of NBA and NFL camps in the fall.

This Dbaks organization has won me over with their record of excellence. Next year they'll start dumping salaries and retooling so the record may not be what we've grown accustomed to but I'll stick with them because I know they will work hard to win.

Let's play ball.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's going to be a long season if . . .

Originally posted by Skkorpion
I'm ready for some baseball!
And hopefully we'll see it in Game 2.

I can't believe that Finley was trying to put everything into the warning track. They're just long outs . . . and in the #2 spot.

And there was Greg Schulte on radio with his, "Maybe he'll hit a homerun . . . maybe he'll hit a homerun . . . maybe he'll hit a homerun."

Even Rojas, doing color, said, "A homerun is not going to help us now." Then seeing that he was showing up Greg, said, "Well, I'll take a homerun, too."

But he knew better.

If every one of our line drive hitters goes up swinging for the fences, it's going to be a long season!

Last edited:

AZZenny

Reaction score
I'm ready for some baseball.

Man, me too! Unfortunately, I spent the afternoon at the BOB today. Maybe I'll see some baseball tomorrow when the team SHOWS UP!!!

Moose Lady

Veteran
Reaction score
Jeez people, it's only 1 game. There's still 161 games to play. My God if everyone is gonna start crying and bitching after every game it's gonna be very long season. Lighten up. As you all know, they WILL NOT win all their games. Randy didn't have his best stuff today along with the hitters not being able to get anything off of Nomo. It happens. And please don't start on Matty again. He's here for the whole season whether he does good or not. Deal with it. Right now I'm just concerned with Bret Prinz. It's not sounding too good. And he was pitching so well and finally has his head on square. I just hope he isn't out for the rest of year. I hate these injuries that happen as soon as the season starts.

schillingfan

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by finleyfanatic
And please don't start on Matty again. He's here for the whole season whether he does good or not. Deal with it.
Well after he pops up three times in a row for several games we'll see if you still feel the same way.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Well after he pops up three times in a row for several games we'll see if you still feel the same way.

I know BB has an inexplicable thing for Matty, but I think JC made it clear in the off-season he doesn't anymore. If Matty's rally-killing ways from last year become evident again, don't be too surprised if he's displaced whether Brenly likes it or not.

And Jan, disliking players is as much a fan's right as is liking some of them. If I want to pick on Matty and the hitting coach ad nauseum, try to consider it a charming personality quirk, like uncsteve with Grace, other people with Womack... besides, everytime Matty goes to the plate, I pray "OK, Matty, prove me wrong, pleeeeze." So its not like I'm rooting for him to fail.
;)

Moose Lady

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZZenny

And Jan, disliking players is as much a fan's right as is liking some of them. If I want to pick on Matty and the hitting coach ad nauseum, try to consider it a charming personality quirk, like uncsteve with Grace, other people with Womack... besides, everytime Matty goes to the plate, I pray "OK, Matty, prove me wrong, pleeeeze." So its not like I'm rooting for him to fail.
;)

I know Zen, it just gets old. I wish everyone would pick on someone else for a change. (and NOT Steve either). 8>) I guess I've decided to support all of them and especially the guys that aren't doing as well.

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZZenny
... besides, everytime Matty goes to the plate, I pray "OK, Matty, prove me wrong, pleeeeze." So its not like I'm rooting for him to fail. ;)
I have the same gut reaction though I restrain myself from expressing it outwardly at the game. Whenever I see Matty coming up in a situation that really needs him to have a productive at bat, internally I'm thinking "uh oh" while praying for an increasingly infrequent minor "miracle."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison