I'll take stupid Rod Graves moves for 1,000 Alex

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Answer:
Marcus McCauley, Matt Spaeth, Ryan Harris

Question:
Who are three players that should have been drafted before Buster Davis?

I was as high as Buster as anyone on this board but how do waste a first day pick? What a bunch of crap. I mean the scouts must have known there was some question with this guy. HOW DO YOU CUT A FIRST DAY DRAFT PICK IN PRESEASON. The good news is that this is all on Rod Graves now. Hopefully the Cards cut the RIGHT person at the end of this season this is getting borderline ********.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Answer:

Question:

I was as high as Buster as anyone on this board but how do waste a first day pick? What a bunch of crap. I mean the scouts must have known there was some question with this guy. HOW DO YOU CUT A FIRST DAY DRAFT PICK IN PRESEASON. The good news is that this is all on Rod Graves now. Hopefully the Cards cut the RIGHT person at the end of this season this is getting borderline ********.

GETTING borderline ********? This FO has been flat out ******** since his first year.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
did Lamarr Woodley get drafted in the 3rd or 2nd round?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep

Attachments

• failure.jpg
    failure.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 279

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Matt Spaeth hasnt been all that good in the preseason, and neither has Ryan Harris--

you are on to something with McCauley though

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does this mean we are one or two more players away again this year?
:bang:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm looking at the Davis cut a little bit differently. I'm glad we have a coach willing to cut his GM's stupid picks. Since Green made the picks, he was too attached to them. Before that, we HAD to keep our first day picks because we did so little in free agency.

I'm choosing to see the Davis cut as light at the end of the tunnel (yes, it could be a train) in regards to keeping poor players on the roster for much longer than they should be.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Matt Spaeth hasnt been all that good in the preseason, and neither has Ryan Harris--

you are on to something with McCauley though

Although I agree with your assesment I would take Spaeth over Patrick, Harris over Ross and I still can't believe we passed over McCauley with a glaring need at CB.

I think if the draft went like this on day one we would be in a MUCH better situation

1. Brown or Peterson
2. Posluzny
3. McCauley

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm looking at the Davis cut a little bit differently. I'm glad we have a coach willing to cut his GM's stupid picks. Since Green made the picks, he was too attached to them. Before that, we HAD to keep our first day picks because we did so little in free agency.

I'm choosing to see the Davis cut as light at the end of the tunnel (yes, it could be a train) in regards to keeping poor players on the roster for much longer than they should be.

i can agree with this. Wiz deserves better.

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
Answer:
The good news is that this is all on Rod Graves now. Hopefully the Cards cut the RIGHT person at the end of this season this is getting borderline ********.

Hey, hey, hey.....it's "Mentally Challenged" now. Let's respect those individuals who are ******** and could have done a better job!! ;)

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I agree aj I think Whiz did this more to send a message to his players than anything. It's great to see he has the guts to do it, but with some many holes on this team and 5 draft picks it is beyond belief that a first day pick was wasted for a project. Graves passed on players that could have helped this team immediatly. All of our first day picks were considered projects to one extent or another. This team doesn't need anymore projects they need players and damn good ones on BOTH sides of the ball.

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score

I agree completely, and just gained a large amount of respect with Whis as a person who sticks to his guns and says "top 53"

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Answer:

Question:

I know huh!! Because every other GM in the NFL can tell if every one of his draft picks are going to turn out spectacular

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know huh!! Because every other GM in the NFL can tell if every one of his draft picks are going to turn out spectacular

:rolleyes:

Proper scouting would have shown that there were questions about him, hell even the analyists had questions. They said it was a great pick, but he would be a project and being undersized was a big question mark.

This team has wasted more first day picks than any other team I can think of. (Pace, BJ is a disappointment for a first rounder, Blackstock, Antrel Rolle, Wendall Bryant, Levar Fischer, Kyle Van de Bosch, Michael Stone, Leonard Davis, Raynoch Thomson, Thomas Jones) have all been HUGE disappointments for the Cards. These are only from 2000.

Granted Blackstock may see some time and it's a pivotal year. I realize Graves is not responsible for a lot of these guys but Arizona's drafts have been TERRIBLE to say the least. 2004 was our best year and I am afraid that 2005 could be like our 2003 draft. I know drafting isn't an exact science and most are projects in the third round, but some are bigger projects than others.

If the FA period wasn't so bad for us maybe we wouldn't have been painted in a corner to select a LB in day one. Maybe if we passed on Branch because we have 93 DT's and picked up Pozlusny or Eric Wright we would be in a better situation. Who knows. All I know is Graves wasted another first day pick. Whiz needs to file a restraining order against him from coming anywhere near the war room for the next few drafts.

I mean seriosuly how big of a slap in the face is that to a GM when your HC crap cans one of your first day picks.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Proper scouting would have shown that there were questions about him, hell even the analyists had questions. They said it was a great pick, but he would be a project and being undersized was a big question mark.

This team has wasted more first day picks than any other team I can think of. (Pace, BJ is a disappointment for a first rounder, Blackstock, Antrel Rolle, Wendall Bryant, Levar Fischer, Kyle Van de Bosch, Michael Stone, Leonard Davis, Raynoch Thomson, Thomas Jones) have all been HUGE disappointments for the Cards. These are only from 2000.

Granted Blackstock may see some time and it's a pivotal year. I realize Graves is not responsible for a lot of these guys but Arizona's drafts have been TERRIBLE to say the least. 2004 was our best year and I am afraid that 2005 could be like our 2003 draft. I know drafting isn't an exact science and most are projects in the third round, but some are bigger projects than others.

If the FA period wasn't so bad for us maybe we wouldn't have been painted in a corner to select a LB in day one. Maybe if we passed on Branch because we have 93 DT's and picked up Pozlusny or Eric Wright we would be in a better situation. Who knows. All I know is Graves wasted another first day pick. Whiz needs to file a restraining order against him from coming anywhere near the war room for the next few drafts.

I mean seriosuly how big of a slap in the face is that to a GM when your HC crap cans one of your first day picks.

Glass half full.

What does it say about your head coach when he is willing to cut a third round pick after preseason? What does it say about your GM when he is willing to let the coach do that? What kind of message do you think these players have just received?

To me, this is a very positive move and as I said in another thread, if the remaining 4 draft picks stay on this squad and produce, it will have been a phenominal draft. Let's not loose sight of the trees just because we are standing in a forest.;)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Answer:

Question:

Dude, these things happen to most GM's and FO's in all sports...At least the Cards see the error of their ways and are not to proud to admit the mistake and move on.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score

Scouting can only tell you so much. He looked very good at FSU and most of the info had him coming out to be a good NFL Player. I can name plenty of guys who were scouted crappy that turned out to be good NFL players. Each coin has 2 sides.

Scout.com's 2007 Top NFL Prospects

Offensive Tackles

1 Joe Thomas Wisconsin OT
2 Levi Brown Penn State OT

Middle Linebackers

1 Patrick Willis Ole Miss MLB
2 Brandon Siler Florida MLB
3 Buster Davis Florida State MLB

Defensive Tackles

1 Amobi Okoye Louisville DT
2 Alan Branch Michigan DT

Tight Ends

1 Greg Olsen Miami TE
2 Zach Miller Arizona St TE
3 Ben Patrick Delaware TE

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
If everyone here copies their posts on how unhappy they were when Graves picked Buster Davis then I can understand. But to call him a "Steal" and he is gonna be the "Boldin of defense" and then when he gets cut its..."Stupid Graves" come on now.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also do you think that Whis had NOTHING to do with Buster being drafted?

Hey, Graves himself said it's all on him now. So, I'm taking him at his word. He got a serious promotion and raise, so I was glad to see him step up and take responsibility for the team that hits the field.

Enough blaming the coach. We've been doing that for as long as I can remember. Sure, Graves has had his critics. But, it's been the coaches taking the fall.