Houston Astros @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread. 09/29/23-10/1/23

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The last couple games have been an embarrassment offensively. Only the pitchers should be allowed champagne.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
I sure hope not. Taking my boys to the game. Hoping for the clincher (or back into a WC spot if Cubs and Reds both lose).
Had a great time at the game with my boys. Too bad the Dbacks lost 1-0. Great on the mound but pitiful at the plate. Thanks to the St. Louis Cardinals for beating the Reds 15-6 after losing 19-2 the day before. Go figure. Tonight's game was an excellent pitchers' duel with great defense - but not much at the plate from either team. Backing in isn't great but it beats missing the playoffs entirely. Cubs have to be kicking themselves after seeing the Dbacks fold up offensively these last few games.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Baseball is a cylindrical game. You score 15 runs in one game and can't score after that. It happens all the time. Very Weird.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m just glad we are in. I hope the team doesn’t have that mentality.lol

What a ride it’s been.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think the game 1 starter depends on how the bullpen gets used today. If the pen gets a little rest, then Pfaadt would be ok to start game one and give Gallen an extra day.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a case of whatever the diamondbacks had yesterday. I’m celebrating them getting into the playoffs!! Wooooo grilling some food.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Brutal lineup for what will likely be a brutal day. Looks like the Dbacks will go into the playoffs on a 4 game losing streak, after getting swept at home by the Astros. Hope the Dbacks can score some runs, but they are already down 2-0 in the top of the first before even recording an out.

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, the Dbacks were certainly the best medicine for the Houston Cheaters. From WC2 to Division Champion in 1 day - thanks to the Dbacks.