Haven't read all the threads anybody seen this Firebox camping guy on Youtube?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucy discovered him depending on when filmed the guy is camping with 2 dogs and either 1 or 2 goats, yes goats. He puts the goats in cages in back of his truck, then they hike in the goats and dogs each have their own pack that they haul in stuff, his pack and he films it. We think it's mostly in Utah as his truck has utah plates. He hikes into these spectacular lakes and fishes, catches trout and then cooks.

We think he either owns or works for Firebox which is this really cool outdoor cooking thing that's just pieces of metal that assemble in multiple ways to make a fire for cooking etc.

really cool scenery and the goats seem to think they're dogs they act just like the dogs. It's also his early warning system against Bears and Mountain lions.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lucy discovered him depending on when filmed the guy is camping with 2 dogs and either 1 or 2 goats, yes goats. He puts the goats in cages in back of his truck, then they hike in the goats and dogs each have their own pack that they haul in stuff, his pack and he films it. We think it's mostly in Utah as his truck has utah plates. He hikes into these spectacular lakes and fishes, catches trout and then cooks.

We think he either owns or works for Firebox which is this really cool outdoor cooking thing that's just pieces of metal that assemble in multiple ways to make a fire for cooking etc.

really cool scenery and the goats seem to think they're dogs they act just like the dogs. It's also his early warning system against Bears and Mountain lions.

Haven't seen it, but looks pretty cool. They must be pretty well trained animals not to be running off with his gear.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it, but looks pretty cool. They must be pretty well trained animals not to be running off with his gear.

One of the dogs sleeps in his sleeping bag with him, the other one nearby and the goats just chill out eat shrubs and stay put. Not a lot of commentary but the scenery is remarkable and the firebox thing is really cool

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the dogs sleeps in his sleeping bag with him, the other one nearby and the goats just chill out eat shrubs and stay put. Not a lot of commentary but the scenery is remarkable and the firebox thing is really cool

Awesome, Utah has some great trails. Haven't done any, just watched on youtube. Here's one, no goats but great scenery.
I have seen most of Redbeard's videos. Amazing that these guys don't have to "work", other than these videos. I wish I would have known about this before I went to college, lol.