Graves making wise decisions

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From CBS Sportsline

Let's see. Frank Sanders has seen his catch total drop from 89 in 1998 to 34 last season and the Ravens give him a four-year deal worth $8.8 million with a $1.9 million signing bonus? At 30, Sanders shouldn't get more than a veteran minimum. He never was a fast receiver, and age will start to play a factor. The Ravens would have been better off keeping Brandon Stokley, who signed with the Colts as a free agent. Word is Peyton Manning really likes Stokley and feels he'll add a bunch to the offense.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6322281

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
Regarding Graves, this still does not undo the Boston debacle. That is a big hole to get out of in my opinion.

Frank was overpaid, I will not disagree about that.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
the Boston debacle

I'm more and more convinced that tagging Boston could have resulted in us actually being stuck with him, and I'm fully convinced that they wanted him out of here.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm fully convinced that they wanted him out of here.
I'm not fully convinced, but I think Graves shares the "slick as owl sh**t finesse of International Management Group's Mark McCormack (who used to "fire" guys by talking them up and finding them jobs with other organizations and then letting nature take its course).

We'll never really know, but if you were to make a list of guys the Cards may have been happy to be rid of, they arguably could have included: Jake, Boston. TJ, KLass, Mar Tay and Sanders.

But you never heard Rod utter anything negative about any of them - it was always the company song. ("We think he's a good player who can help our team and we've put an offer on the table.") Then the guy somehow finds himself off the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard