Got to be Sellers!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My faith in the LaRussa led Dbacks is rapidly eroding. We're one of the worst teams in baseball, its the trade deadline, we have vets on fat contracts and we've made most of them untouchable. Its a very confused team.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
My faith in the LaRussa led Dbacks is rapidly eroding. We're one of the worst teams in baseball, its the trade deadline, we have vets on fat contracts and we've made most of them untouchable. Its a very confused team.

Yeah, I am a little confused as to why Prado would be "untouchable"

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The D'backs have been a .500 club post April. They've managed to be an average team despite having a decidedly below average rotation.

LaRussa isn't running the team. Kevin Towers is still at the helm. LuRussa holds a supernumerary position. Theoretically, he is in charge of the baseball side (as opposed to the business) of the organization. But being brought in mid season, he's stuck with the people (Towers) and structure that preceded him.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The D'backs have been a .500 club post April. They've managed to be an average team despite having a decidedly below rotation

Ya.. Hall said the same thing on the radio today and pass it off as a good thing. Sorry that's still not acceptable. just because they are .500 doesn't mean we are anywhere close to contending

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Ya.. Hall said the same thing on the radio today and pass it off as a good thing. Sorry that's still not acceptable. just because they are .500 doesn't mean we are anywhere close to contending

Every team has ups and downs. Every team plays .500 ball for a portion of the season. The Dbags SUCK. All the talking pie holes over there are in full spin mode because they know the ax is coming.

Time to CLEAN HOUSE!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every team has ups and downs. Every team plays .500 ball for a portion of the season. The Dbags SUCK. All the talking pie holes over there are in full spin mode because they know the ax is coming.

Time to CLEAN HOUSE!

Ya clean house no doubt, do it in a smart fashion though

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well looks like ARZ is done with the trading of Prado & Parra. Got what was to be expected in marginal prospects, although it is still unclear how much $$$ ARZ may have kicked in to the deals.

So Cahill, Ross & Arroyo's big money contracts remain. I guess the saving grace if you would call it that is that Cahill & Ross can be bought out for a combined $1.3M after next year which would save ARZ around $20M for 2016. Arroyo is only under contract until the end of next year, 2016 is a team option which I hope whomever in charge is smart enough not to pick it up. So realistically after next season ARZ will be rid of these contracts.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Arroyo is going to be on the injured reserve for the balance of his contract.

Total lack of productivity made Cahill and Ross untradeable. But Cahill pitches better in the second half of the season so there is hope that he'll pitch well enough to be moved in the off season.

As much as we are pissing and moaning, imagine the melt down in Boston. The Red Sox traded the top half of the rotation that won them the World Series last season.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Arroyo is going to be on the injured reserve for the balance of his contract.

Total lack of productivity made Cahill and Ross untradeable. But Cahill pitches better in the second half of the season so there is hope that he'll pitch well enough to be moved in the off season.

As much as we are pissing and moaning, imagine the melt down in Boston. The Red Sox traded the top half of the rotation that won them the World Series last season.

I garuntee Red Sox fans are pumped. The turnaround they got for those pitchers was superb. lackey is like 36 and they got Allen Craig and a guy who was a top pitching prospect before being injured.

And they traded Lester who basically said he would sign back with the team in the off season, for Yeonis Cespedes!

Boston won the trade deadline