Good April Fools gags

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
I know it's rather childish but we got three of the young associates (all attorneys no less) to call the local zoo today and ask for "Rory Lyons". It was hilarious in a third grade sense!

I wonder if anyone else pulled any pranks or am I the only one silly enough to have done so?

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
yes, I pulled the odd prank this morning. I told some people at work that I was going to sell my old Firebird to some people who would love to have it, people who I've told over & over I have no intention of sellin it.

when I got their hopes up, I pulled the rug out from beneath them & told them it was an April fools joke.

I know, it was kind of harsh, but I could not resist, they seemed to take it pretty good though.

sLanidRaC

Rookie
Reaction score
WEAK!!!

We only have 4.8% of the vote, at this time.. They think the Cubbies are more likely to win the World Series... Uh.. My foot.

We Rule!!!

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
The only prank I pulled today was changing a buddy's name plate at his desk. His name is Greg Wade. I skillfully "removed" the "e" from his last name. Since he's in China for another week, it will remain "Greg Wad" until he returns...:D :D :D

On the flip-side, the only pranks that have been attempted on me have been the "Hey, did you hear that the Cardinals picked up (insert stud player name here)!"

What a joke!

Young Gun

rebel without a cause
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it might have been weak, but I thought it was the best thing, at the time that is.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ChiCard
I wonder if anyone else pulled any pranks or am I the only one silly enough to have done so?

Three years ago to the day, I got married.

Everyone thought we were kidding when we first told them the date.

Everyone who knows us feels the date was appropriate. :D

It was an awesome day. We let everyone wear what they wanted. Everyone dressed up, but it was up to them to choose their clothes, unlike some rigid weddings where everything is planned to the extreme (like my wife's sister when she got married in March of 2001).

We had a great ceremony then a great reception, including a pinata. :D Then we went to show off our house, which I had been living in by myself for 4 months. We got out of our wedding attire and threw on jeans and shirts that said "Groom" and "Bride" and entertained both of our families for quite some time. (Note: We dated from March 1993 until April 1, 2000 without our parents and other family members even so much as meeting, so it was an event, lol)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Good April Fools gags

Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Three years ago to the day, I got married.

Everyone thought we were kidding when we first told them the date.

Everyone who knows us feels the date was appropriate. :D

It was an awesome day. We let everyone wear what they wanted. Everyone dressed up, but it was up to them to choose their clothes, unlike some rigid weddings where everything is planned to the extreme (like my wife's sister when she got married in March of 2001).

We had a great ceremony then a great reception, including a pinata. :D Then we went to show off our house, which I had been living in by myself for 4 months. We got out of our wedding attire and threw on jeans and shirts that said "Groom" and "Bride" and entertained both of our families for quite some time. (Note: We dated from March 1993 until April 1, 2000 without our parents and other family members even so much as meeting, so it was an event, lol)

Hey! My anniversary was 3 years ago YESTERDAY. We planned that on purpose.....uhhh not to get married on April 1

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Re: WEAK!!!

Originally posted by sLanidRaC
We only have 4.8% of the vote, at this time.. They think the Cubbies are more likely to win the World Series... Uh.. My foot.

We Rule!!!

Actually it asks which of these is LEAST likely to happen. So having the fewest votes is good, means that people think we are MORE likely to win a SB before the Cubs win the WS

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
On a side not, me and another manager set it up to have a huge fight in front of the boss and I "quit" over it and walked out, he was all ready to offer me more money to stay when my co-worker opened his big mouth about it being an april fools joke.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer the timeless classics:

I saran-wrapped the toilet in the staff bathroom. :twisted:

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I was going to tell my wife that the Marine Corp recalled me due to some information that they where unwilling to give at the time.
But I could be so cruel.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Originally posted by PortlandCardFan
I was going to tell my wife that the Marine Corp recalled me due to some information that they where unwilling to give at the time.
But I could be so cruel.

But I couldn't be so cruel

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Tricked someone into buying Cards season tickets by telling them they get free food and dinner and a date with a Cards Cheerleader everygame.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD
Tricked someone into buying Cards season tickets by telling them they get free food and dinner and a date with a Cards Cheerleader everygame.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Anyone want to help out...

Check tread
Considering Season Tickets

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
The best April Fools joke I ever read was an entire article written by Sports Illustrated about some phenom pitcher from another country. I was dissapointed when I found out it was a joke because I was hoping to see this guy pitch 160 miles an hour in the majors. They talk a little about the article in the link below.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/siddfinch.html

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Oldie but goodie, I strapped a can to the guys drive shaft and when he started driving of course he got some noise, the next day as he drove off he heard a noise again, stopped looked under car and found nothing, started driving again only to hear same noise, after stopping again found rocks in hubcap. Next day same thing only found rocks in all four hub caps.:biglaugh:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Some guy in my fantasy baseball team dropped Vladamir Guerrero as a joke and was going to pick him right back up. This was like 4 am this morning and I happened to be online at the same exact time and I got him before he could pick him back up. ********! Of all the leagues in all the world we just happend to be online at the same second.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made someone think that they had mistakenly ordered 600 whoopi coushons with the companies logo instead of 600 patches for a big client. Even got one one of the owner of the company to believe it as well.