GoldenEye (Bond 17)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Amazon.com
The 18th James Bond adventure was a runaway box-office success when released in 1995, thanks to the arrival of Pierce Brosnan as the fifth actor (following the departure of Timothy Dalton) to play the suave, danger-loving Agent 007. This James Bond is a bit more vulnerable and psychologically complex--and just a shade more politically correct--but he's still a formally attired playboy at heart, with a lovely Russian beauty (Izabella Scorupco) as his sexy ally against a cadre of renegade Russians bent on--what else?--global domination. There's also a seductive villainous with the suggestive name of Xenia Onatopp (Famke Janssen), and the great actress Judi Dench makes her first appearance as Bond's superior, M, who wisecracks about 007's "dinosaur" status as a globetrotting sexist. All in all, this action-packed Bond adventure provided a much-needed boost the long-running movie series, revitalizing the 007 franchise for the turn of the millennium. --Jeff Shannon

Solid film. Great casting. Sean Bean, Famke Janssen, and Judi Dench were great additions to Brosnan. Nice comeback by the franchise.

Bond ranking so far:
Goldfinger
From Russia with Love
Thunderball
Dr. No
GoldenEye
The Living Daylights
For Your Eyes Only
The Spy Who Loved Me
Live and Let Die
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
A View to a Kill
Octopussy
Licence to Kill
You Only Live Twice
Diamonds Are Forever
The Man with the Golden Gun
Moonraker

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113189

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's one of my favorite Bond movies. I probably remember it best for it being my introduction to Minnie Driver. She's the off-key Russian Country singer that prompts the Bond line "Who's strangling the cat?".

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great movie. One of my all time favorites and like Mulli said...great freaking video game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The chase scene in the tank was a classic.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
And an even better video game

Oh the hours gathered round the Nintendo 64 with my friends playing this game!

Best first person shooter of it's time, and still a classic!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh the hours gathered round the Nintendo 64 with my friends playing this game!

Best first person shooter of it's time, and still a classic!

Ditto. We would play a bit, go to the bar, come back and play until whenever. Hours and hours spent playing with friends.

Plus this is STILL one of the very few FPS single player campaigns I could play over and over and still love.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard