Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Garth Brooks single headed for the airwaves

October 05, 2005
by liveDaily Staff

A new Garth Brooks single titled "Good Ride Cowboy," a tribute to the late country artist Chris LeDoux, is headed for country radio stations this week.

The single will be the first release for Brooks under a recently announced agreement with Wal-Mart. The pact gives the mega-retailer--along with its Sam's Club warehouse stores and the walmart.com website--the exclusive right to sell Brooks' music commercially.

A new Brooks compilation album, reportedly containing some previously unreleased material, is said to be headed for Wal-Mart stores late this fall, but official details haven't been announced.

Brooks announced in 2000 that he would retire from the music industry at the end of 2001, but said that he might consider getting back into the business after his youngest daughter graduates from high school in 2015. He issued what he said would be his final new studio album, "Scarecrow," in 2001.

Brooks has performed at several charity events since his retirement announcement, but hasn't toured.

--------------------------------

Good song. Nice tribute to Chris. :thumbup:

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was SO EXCITED when I was driving the kids to school and heard Dave Pratt say he was about to play a NEW Garth song the other day! It's a good song, a good ol' Garth Brooks catchy tune!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
The single will be the first release for Brooks under a recently announced agreement with Wal-Mart. The pact gives the mega-retailer--along with its Sam's Club warehouse stores and the walmart.com website--the exclusive right to sell Brooks' music commercially.

I hope Azcards21 isn't a Brooks fan

:hateswalmart:

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CQ said:
heard Dave Pratt say he was about to play a NEW Garth song the other day!

Anyone else still find it strange to hear Dave Pratt and any country song in the same sentence?

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
Anyone else still find it strange to hear Dave Pratt and any country song in the same sentence?

It seemed really strange for awhile. But I've gotten so used to it by now! I listened to Pratt on KUPD when I was a teenager. I always loved his show! I listened to KNIX and KUPD for so many years, then after Pratt left KUPD, I kinda stopped listening to that station. Then when he started at KMLE, I said bye-bye to KNIX! Dave Pratt is awesome. But yes, it did sound strange for awhile hearing him talk about country music.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It does seem odd

that a guy goes from some pretty serious hard rock to country. ?But, maybe that's where his heart always was.

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
I love Garth--the best performer I have ever seen in concert and The Dance is one of the best songs of all times!

Yea Garth!!! :D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't like how he ditched his loyal wife. Now I read that he is engaged to Trisha "Buttface" Yearwood? WTF is that all about.

If I was Garth I would be banging scores and scores of hot country music fans. I would only leave the bedroom to put out a greatest hits album every few years.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
NSD_Blonde said:
I love Garth--the best performer I have ever seen in concert

I am mostly a Rock guy myself but I was able to see him in concert with pretty good tickets, got them free from a client, and the guy puts on one of the best shows I have ever seen, he is a great performer and showman.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:

Not anymore. At first I did, but he's in a different place in life now...married with kids, a real family guy. Also - he's from a small town in Nevada and grew up listening to country music so working in country music is really a return to his roots.

As a longtime Red Card holder who saw many rock concerts while Pratt was on KUPD, I can see how many would find it odd though. Especially those that saw Dave Pratt and the Sex Machine Band. :band:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson