Food search: Peppermint Ice Cream

AZZenny

Reaction score
Need help again, guys! I always like to get a pkg of peppermint stick ice cream for Xmas -- the kind with the gooey crunchy little candies -- and it's the only time of year you can find it.

Well, prowled the aisles of a couple Albertson's and Safeways (and ran into a man on the same unsuccessful mission) and there are almost no seasonal ice cream flavors, and no peppermint at all. (Nope, Mint chocolate chip doesn't cut it. Needs to be pink and peppermint.)

Anybody seen it anywhere around town?

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Fry's in Maricopa (where I live) has all kinds of seasonal flavored ice cream (peppermint, pumpkin pie, gingerbread, egg nog, etc....), so I'd imagine that they have it at all the Fry's. Peppermint ice cream is the greatest invention in terms of ice cream in the history of ice cream. Ben and Jerry's quadruple chocolate brownie fudge whatever it's called ice cream comes in second....

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
BTW, I don't remember 100%, but I think it is the Dreyer's version that I personally like the best and Blue Bunny also makes a very good one....

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need help again, guys! I always like to get a pkg of peppermint stick ice cream for Xmas -- the kind with the gooey crunchy little candies -- and it's the only time of year you can find it.

Well, prowled the aisles of a couple Albertson's and Safeways (and ran into a man on the same unsuccessful mission) and there are almost no seasonal ice cream flavors, and no peppermint at all. (Nope, Mint chocolate chip doesn't cut it. Needs to be pink and peppermint.)

Anybody seen it anywhere around town?

I'm really surprised Safeway doesn't seem to be carrying it this year. That is one of their "safeway select" seasonal flavors every year....oh, well. That whole place went to pot after I left! ;)

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
Make it. It's easy!

I have an old ice cream maker -- but I have a LOT of stuff to do and out-of-town company to prepare for, so if I can buy it, I'd druther.

Yeah, Dreyers or Breyers, never can keep them straight. I'll check Fry's tomorrow.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried tracking some down for a gf one time. It was impossible; I must have tried every place in the valley. Although I didnt get the ice cream, the girl appreciated the effort.

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schwan's has a really yummy pepermint ice cream.

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
Frys didn't have any out here, but A.J.'s had a small batch of Shamrock Farms so I got one.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Shamrock Farms has the red and green peppermint bits enveloped in plain white ice cream, right? If so, that one is VERY good as well. Who am I kidding. They are all very good....

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a place on Camelback called Berto's or Bento's. It makes a peppermint gelato that tastes like Pepto Bismol. yak

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
Shamrock's is pretty good -- not quite up there with B/Dreyers, but very tasty.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Fry's by my house had the Blue Bunny one...it looked like it was yummy.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison