Emmitt Smith update: 3/25

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two local reports I heard on Emmitt today:

1. Bob Kemp on KDUS said he heard some 'rumblings' that Smith is considering waiting until after June 1 to pick a team.

2. Jude LaCava on Ch 10, said that Emmitt is SERIOUSLY considering the Cards offer, and that he expects Smith to make up his mind within 48hrs.

Neither guy quoted a source, but I feel neither one would've said it if they hadn't heard it somehow. If you don't want Emmitt, you hope Kemp is right. If you want Emmitt, you hope LaCava is correct.

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
One of my friends has changed my opinion on emmitt. I originally was opposed to him coming. I have altered my opinion now. E. Smith is old, but not banged up. He played behind a pretty bad oline in Dallas his last two years. He could add some competition to the rb job. We also need to sign a proven winner who can help break this fun streak we have goign in the desert.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know, LaCava is hit or miss....don't really listen to Kemp that much

pinnacle

Reaction score
I heard bits and pieces of troy aikman this morning- who was on KDUS for like an hour this morning (The 6 - 9 am show). I did not hear it the entire aikman segment (he was on for over an hour)..but l did hear the next hosts on KDUS make the following statement:

troy did not exactly give emmitt a ringing endorsement.. troy had made comments that if the cards were to fall behind in games..and were forced to throw the entire 2nd half and abandon the running game..emmitt would not be happy and it would not be good for the team.. troy also supposedly poked fun at the 3 things emmitt listed...winning, playing time, and money...aikman said that it was possible emmitts true objectives were actually in the opposite order... Troy did say great things about emmitt..but from what I heard it does not sound like these two are best friends based on the way troy was talking..

Did anyone hear the entire aikman segment? Dale hellestrate (longtime cowboy long snapper and cohost of the 6 - 9 show) appears to be very good friends with michael irvin and troy aikman..but seems when he had emmitt on a few weeks ago he had to go thru michael irvin..and michael actually got emmitt on the show..

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge supporter of Emmitt coming here, but we are offering him the most money, the best chance at a starting role, a natural fan base.

To me it seems like a no-brainer on his part - I wonder what his reservations are?

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a little more on the LaCava report:

On the 9 o'clock news sports, he was a little more positive that Emmitt was going to make a decision for the Cards. He said that "NFL sources" told him Emmitt wants to play two more years and feels the Cards are the best fit for him. He said he wouldn't be surprised to hear something tommorrow, Thursday at the latest.

He was at the NFL meetings, which must of been where he picked up his info. His next clip was about Suggs and he had some quotes from the Texans' owner saying what a great player he's going to be and so forth.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is good news. Hopefully La Cava has a good, reliable source for his reporting.

The one thing that I hope that Suggs really sucks at in his drills, is his pass coverage. The Texans will definitely select him if he looks amazing. They might be posturing but I seriously doubt that.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
if he looks amazing,the Bengals may draft him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard