Gortat + a Sign & Trade Steve Nash + future lottery protected 1st rd pick

Then get Deron Williams in free agency.

I know it's a pipe-dream, but

PG: D. Williams, K. Marshall, Telfair
SG: Dudley, S. Brown, M. Redd
SF: Hill, Dudley
PF: Frye, Morris
C: D. Howard, Lopez

That's a playoff team... probably in the 4-6 seed range.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He wants the nets only. Every time a player asks for a specific team in trade, they should fine that team for tampering and that player should be restricted from being traded to that team.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
At least he's not requesting the Lakers

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He wants the nets only. Every time a player asks for a specific team in trade, they should fine that team for tampering and that player should be restricted from being traded to that team.

That's cool but it would be delaying the inevitable. Howard is going to sign with BKY next year anyways. If BKY can give up something like Lopez, Brooks and draft picks ORL shoud consider it but BKY can always just wait for Dwight next year and not give up anything. The only question is can BKY afford a maxed out Deron Williams, a maxed out Joe Johnson (deal being discussed) & a maxed out Howard, along with Lopez? The new cap I thought would stop this from happening, I guess not.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
They are in talks with the Lakers but the Nets want Bynum included in the deal and LA only is willing to give Gasol.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I would let him go to free agency then he would loose a year and 5% on his next deal.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's cool but it would be delaying the inevitable. Howard is going to sign with BKY next year anyways. If BKY can give up something like Lopez, Brooks and draft picks ORL shoud consider it but BKY can always just wait for Dwight next year and not give up anything. The only question is can BKY afford a maxed out Deron Williams, a maxed out Joe Johnson (deal being discussed) & a maxed out Howard, along with Lopez? The new cap I thought would stop this from happening, I guess not.

Lopez would have to agree to a S&T and the Magic would have to be willing to pay him what he wants. Howard likely isn't going to sign there without the help of the Magic or whatever team his is on.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Chris Broussard: source says Golden State still willing to trade for Dwight Howard without having commitment from him beyond next season

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Chris Broussard: source says Golden State still willing to trade for Dwight Howard without having commitment from him beyond next season

So they're willing to have him for only half a season, after he recovers from surgery? Amazing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dwight howard is the biggest idiot in the league. seriously... there are two teams in the upcoming FA that he would play for who have set themselves up perfectly to sign him this off-season and all he had to do was not opt-in for another year and he could go wherever he wanted.

instead, he opts-in, talks about loyalty... then three months later says he wants to be traded and will only sign in one specific place.

what a freaking ******.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The internet is buzzing this morning that D.Howard to the Lakers is pending...

Other than Bynum, what do they have left to offer Orlando? Seems like the Nets had more to offer, and even that wasn't good enough.

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
The internet is buzzing this morning that D.Howard to the Lakers is pending...

Bleacher Report is not a credible source in my book. That site alone does not qualify for "the internet is buzzing". That info. is not on any other credible source. The buzzing that you are hearing could probably be taken care of by a doctor and some medication.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bleacher Report is not a credible source in my book. That site alone does not qualify for "the internet is buzzing". That info. is not on any other credible source. The buzzing that you are hearing could probably be taken care of by a doctor and some medication.

Agree. Most BR articles are done by strongly opinionated fan boys trying to break through into mainstream sports journalism. They're the type of guys who would break a story as early as possible without all of the facts. Much like that CBS reporter who stated that Paterno died a day before he actually passed.

Take BR with a grain of salt for breaking news and read them for interesting, opinion based pieces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Just some fresh tidbits. Nothing link-worthy which is why i didnt start a new thread ;)
:?