Dobbs to the Vikings

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m really hoping this isn’t the case. A competent GM doesn’t just make mistake after mistake leading to losing 2nd (was it an 2nd or a 3rd?) and 4th round draft picks in consecutive seasons.
Yes, need to hear it from someone else. Because it would be defensible if Monti and Gannon just loved this guy as their #2, and they kept him on the team for next year. We might not agree with the evaluation of him as a good #2, but at least that would be logical.

If this is what happened, it's not logical. Hopefully it really isn't costing us this 4th round pick.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m really hoping this isn’t the case. A competent GM doesn’t just make mistake after mistake leading to losing 2nd (was it an 2nd or a 3rd?) and 4th round draft picks in consecutive seasons.
I'm willing to chalk this, drafting injured players, tampering with Gannon, the Hopkins offseason debacle, whatever happened with McCoy --> Dobbs, Simmons and Sanders, and other stuff as rookie GM mistakes. Hopefully he learns from them.

This team was going to be extremely bad -- that was a choice on Monti's part. He sold Michael on a plan of not trying to compete in 2023. I doubt that he sold Michael on a second year of being bad.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to chalk this, drafting injured players, tampering with Gannon, the Hopkins offseason debacle, whatever happened with McCoy --> Dobbs, Simmons and Sanders, and other stuff as rookie GM mistakes. Hopefully he learns from them.

This team was going to be extremely bad -- that was a choice on Monti's part. He sold Michael on a plan of not trying to compete in 2023. I doubt that he sold Michael on a second year of being bad.
Does Michael care? As long as he gets to go to the NFL ownership meetings, doesn’t seem like the on-field product or for that matter the off the field product is of much concerned to him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yes, need to hear it from someone else. Because it would be defensible if Monti and Gannon just loved this guy as their #2, and they kept him on the team for next year. We might not agree with the evaluation of him as a good #2, but at least that would be logical.

If this is what happened, it's not logical. Hopefully it really isn't costing us this 4th round pick.
Oh, I definitely think he’s a good backup QB. But I don’t think he’s under contract for next year. If he was, the trade would be even more suspect if we end up losing a 4th rounder in the process.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does Michael care? As long as he gets to go to the NFL ownership meetings, doesn’t seem like the on-field product or for that matter the off the field product is of much concerned to him.
I disagree. He wants to make money, lots of money. Having a team that can regularly make the playoffs puts so many more dollars in his pockets plus gives him the prestige of not only owning an NFL team but a successful one

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
When did traded players start counting against comp picks? They dont.
As I recall getting Adrian Peterson from the Saints cost us a sixth round pick AND losing a sixth round compensatory pick. Why do we lose the pick and not Minnesota?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If he didn't care, he wouldn't have fired Kliff and Keim nine months after he extended their contracts.

I think Michael cares deeply about appearing to be a success. I think that's why he's been in hiding of late, also. It's embarrassing to suck.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
As I recall getting Adrian Peterson from the Saints cost us a sixth round pick AND losing a sixth round compensatory pick. Why do we lose the pick and not Minnesota?
This might be why Dobbs may count against comp picks...because he was a FA signed by Cleveland.

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MB does care winning vs losing. He’s desperate to erase the negative perception of his family name.

Of course his grating personality and poor business acumen simply make him incapable of such a task and he doesn’t realize it.
It's a good thing that Mao doesn't live in Georgia because this drivebys would put him in real danger of a RICO rap.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
.....I thought we lost the comp pick for Zach Allen and Byron the second we signed Kyzir White and Froholdt?
I don't think Froholdt was a qualifying free agent. He only has three accrued seasons before this one?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Froholdt was a qualifying free agent. He only has three accrued seasons before this one?
Hitting as a starter and gaining additional incentives I thought would cancel it out?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hitting as a starter and gaining additional incentives I thought would cancel it out?
I think the first gate is that you have to be a qualifying free agent. I think Froholdt was a restricted free agent who wasn't tendered, so he doesn't go into the comp pick formula. Playing time and other stuff don't matter, except for the performance-based bonuses that comes out of the league pool.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It's a good thing that Mao doesn't live in Georgia because this drivebys would put him in real danger of a RICO rap.
Another lawsuit this week the Cardinals are involved in. Whether internal or external it’s just constant drama and squabbles with this family and organization. Never stops.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

from Mark Dalton's lips to Gambo's ears

if true -- how in the world does a contract for Froholdt -- 2 years for $4.8mm offset the Zach Allen contract -- which is 3 years and $45 mm?

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since we are on compensatory pick kick, if all of these 1 years deals we signed decided to go somewhere else next year, would we be in contention to gain more compensatory picks?

Asking for a friend. :D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Since we are on compensatory pick kick, if all of these 1 years deals we signed decided to go somewhere else next year, would we be in contention to gain more compensatory picks?

Asking for a friend. :D
Yes, if they receive deals as good or better than ones we give to qualifying free agents and they play significant snaps for their new teams.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
NFLN says Dobbs is starting this week. He is getting another chance with Jefferson coming back and a chance to more fully digest the offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd