Do You Miss Hockey?

Do You Miss Hockey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
While briefly looking at the Coyotes board, I realized that hockey is currently no longer even a small part of my life. While never an avid fan of the sport or any of it's teams, I often used to find myself watching highlights or the occasional game whether it be because of boredom or being forced to in the midst of SportsCenter. Now there is nothing. I'm sure other people have a similar experience with the sport which begs the question - Do you miss hockey?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never missed it. When you can sit in the first row, right on the ice and still not have a good time at the game, it aint for you.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I understand the question. If hockey isn't your thing, then you obviously don't miss it. If you do like hockey, then you don't miss it either because right now its the middle of the season.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might watch the Coyotes if they'd give me a reason to. They're not winning. They have no star power (on the roster or in the farm system). The Penguins sucked for a while and got Crosby, Malkin and Staal. Maybe after a few years of losing the Coyotes will have their own young stars.

Assuming my background check goes okay and I decide to move to DC in February, maybe I'll go to some Caps games and see Ovechkin.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can only root for American born players so this sport is difficult for me

Yes, I know all about Steve Nash

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i agree - i don't miss it at all - i have center ice and watch around 3-4 games a week - although my sharks are adding insult to a seahawks injury tonight - so maybe for 1 night I wish i missed it

OP
OP
MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I am not sure I understand the question. If hockey isn't your thing, then you obviously don't miss it. If you do like hockey, then you don't miss it either because right now its the middle of the season.
Hockey was never my thing but thanks to it's presence on sports television, websites, and publications I was a casual fan of the game. Pre-strike I could give you a semi-educated answer on questions about who the good players and teams were. Now I know less about hockey as I do NASCAR....and I hate NASCAR.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this like asking UofA fans if they miss the Rose Bowl?

Or like ASU fans if they miss the Rose Bowl?

Only kidding.

:ducksanyway:

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm like Mao never a big fan. I have been to a couple of games & this years Coyotes team seems tired. I have always liked Roenick & knowing he's a little longer in the tooth hasn't changed that. This team no matter whom is on the ice doesn't seem to start with any attitude, lots of "dump & chase" (Schoenfeld hockey) just not crisp. I am still hoping Wayne can get this team turned in the right direction but I'm not sure he can do it. Oh & if that whole gambling brewha is over get Rick Tocchett back!

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I hate hockey. Its sad if in a sport they allow you to fight to bring fans into the arena.

It's a damn good thing that basketball doesn't have any brawls, or would even considering going into the stands. Football . . . I've never seen Miami fight anybody.

Seriously, how can you miss something when it's still available? You miss stuff like the XFL or Seinfeld because they no longer exist. You don't miss something that exists, you just don't care for it.

"Miss" implied that you liked something and it's no longer available, so you're sad.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Playstation gets a lot more work while the Flyers are on. I just assume it's an automatic L anymore.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It isn't hockey season until Eric Lindros gets a concussion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison