Day 2, who do we take in 5th-7th rounds

stretchthefield

Registered
Reaction score
Still Available;

CB's Dennis Weathersby & Shane Walton, Brian Mance, Rhett Nelson.

Safeties Terrance Holt, Antwoine Sanders, Cato June, Anthony Floyd, Willie Pile.

DT's Nick Eason, Rein Long, Ian Scott, Colin Cole, Jarret Johnson, Matt Walters, James Lee.

DE's Tully Banta Cain, Kindall Morehead, Shurron Pierson Jimmy Wilkerson, Clint Mitchell, Omari Hand.

I'm hoping for defensive picks all day tommorrow so I hope we pick up a few of the above players.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Still is a lot of quality left at DT, DE, CB and Safety. That 4th rounder is going to be really missed. We should get someone decent in the 5th. At this point, just cross out names and take what remains after the next 37 players are taken!!

mdsisquo

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by stretchthefield
Still Available;

CB's Dennis Weathersby & Shane Walton, Brian Mance, Rhett Nelson.

Safeties Terrance Holt, Antwoine Sanders, Cato June, Anthony Floyd, Willie Pile.

DT's Nick Eason, Rein Long, Ian Scott, Colin Cole, Jarret Johnson, Matt Walters, James Lee.

DE's Tully Banta Cain, Kindall Morehead, Shurron Pierson Jimmy Wilkerson, Clint Mitchell, Omari Hand.

I'm hoping for defensive picks all day tommorrow so I hope we pick up a few of the above players.

The first one!:thumbup:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nick Eason of Clemson is who I am hoping for us to get in the fifth, but it is a stretch to think that he might slide that far.

I honestly thought he would go on the first day.

Two other guys to keep your eyes on: Shurron Pierson and Tully Banta-Cain.

Weathersby shouldn't last to our pick...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a total darkhorse pick at DT. Heck, he may not even get drafted. But, I'm about as convinced as I can be about a second day guy that he'll make a roster somewhere.

Brandon Kennedy North Texas St.

He'd make more plays in the backfield next year than Davis and Tanner combined. JMO. Everybody has their own darkhorse pick, this kid is mine.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Cards will have 4 picks - one 5th round, two sixth, and one 7th.

I still think they need to address CB and DT.

CB's I think might be worth a shot in approx order of preference:
Brian Mance, Clemson
Frank Walker, Tuskagee
Jameel Powell, Cal
Rhett Nelso, Colorado State
Rushen Jones, Vanderbuilt
Michael Lehan, Minnesota

DT's
James Lee, Oregon State
Bernard Riley, USC
Ian Scott, Florida
Timothy Love, Harding

I would like to see them take at least one if not two CBs
and a DT.
1-2 picks at any position drafting best available athlete regardless of position

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
That loss of the fourth stings. Trade Jones to the Texans for anything, please, please, please.......I know everyone knows that he will be released but geezs.

Try and move up to the fourth.

I think we need to go CB/ DL. And then repeat. We should get a CB with return abilities ala Dejuan Groce. Gotta be an upgrade over Rhineheart and Hill.

Take a flyer on a QB or FB with the last pick. Parsons should've been sent to NFL Europe.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will get guys to play Special Teams. So, CBs and LBs. Maybe another DL but I do not think so.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For some reason I think they will pick a DL, OL, CB and WR with those last 4 picks. Gut feeling.

I won't even try and speculate who they may pick...although Weathersby they won't even if he is sitting there with a ribbon on his head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson