D-backs vs. Giants series thread

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not happy to say I called it 20 minutes ago.

Send 'em all out on a one-way ferry to Alcatraz. Swept by LA and SF in the most important time of the year. 10 straight road losses. :bang:

Well, maybe they'll score some runs this weekend, they didn't pack the bats on this trip! :thud:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's going to be a long flight home to Phoenix...glad we decided to give up Pappa Grande, that's worked out great.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's going to be a long flight home to Phoenix...glad we decided to give up Pappa Grande, that's worked out great.

Exactly. Valverde has been lights out for the past 3 weeks. He has 41 saves and has not been scored upon in his last 10 appearances. He was a major reason why this team won so many close games last year. He might of let guys on base but he is much better than any pitcher the Diamondbacks have in the bullpen now.

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
I should be crying about Valverde getting traded ad nauseum, like what is being done with Quentin, but it's no use. Besides, who wouldn't want Chris Burke on their team in September? Hope y'all wore Right Guard.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has been watching the games the past month knows that Rauch has been getting lit up. Anyone in there but Rauch. They even mentioned after the game that they were surprised Rauch was pitching and that he probably lost his job to Cruz.

Only an idiot couldn't see that Rauch has been horrible and should not be pitching in that situation.
And yet, for some reason you chastised me not so long ago for even suggesting that Qualls has been pitching much better than Rauch. Go figure.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should Scherzer be put in the bullpen for the rest of the year? I know he is starting Sunday but on Gambo & Ash, Ash thinks he should be the closer.

Last edited:

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
This is so hard to watch. Back-to-back late-inning rallies, only to get re-rallied in the bottom of the 9th.

MAN.... :sad:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dodgers beat the Padres 7-2 and now lead the Diamondbacks by 3.5 games.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Why is it every time I tune into a game, the D-Backs are down 2-4 runs by the 4th inning, and of course, they are still scoreless? Late inning rallies are for suckers. Steady play is what winners produce.