Reaction score
Coco

Release date: November 22, 2017
Studio: Disney•Pixar
Directors: Lee Unkrich, Adrian Molina
MPAA Rating: PG (for thematic elements)
Screenwriters: Lee Unkrich, Jason Katz, Matthew Aldrich, Adrian Molina
Genre: Animation

Starring: Gael García Bernal, Anthony Gonzalez, Benjamin Bratt, Renee Victor, Ana Ofelia Murguía, Jaime Camil, Sofia Espinosa, Luis Valdez, Lombardo Boyar, Edward James Olmos, Alanna Ubach, Selena Luna

Plot Summary: Despite his family’s baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel (voice of newcomer Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz (voice of Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector (voice of Gael García Bernal), and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Vemery sweet movie. Made me think about my grandparents. Lead to a nice talk about family with the six year old.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
97% on RT, and it earns that rating. Excellent, excellent film.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great movie. Pixar does it again. One of my favorite Pixar films to date which says much. It's all about family and our connections to the past. It's been a long time since I have seen the wife get all teared up during an animated film (last time was ending of Toy Story 3).

Can't recommend this movie enough.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I heard there was a lot of complaints about the Frozen Olaf short. They said it was to long and boring. True?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard there was a lot of complaints about the Frozen Olaf short. They said it was to long and boring. True?

Apparently it was so bad, Disney pulled it from prints beginning this weekend.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently it was so bad, Disney pulled it from prints beginning this weekend.

Yeah...didn’t get this at all. My entire family liked it. Although yes it was a little long.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah...didn’t get this at all. My entire family liked it. Although yes it was a little long.

Yeah the complaints were it was to long, almost 22 mins, and many thought the songs weren't as good as frozen. I loved Olaf in Frozen, but read that most people didn't think he was a great character. Crazy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amazing movie I had to hold back my tears I was an emotional wreck.

A really good movie and visually it was great. Everyone I know who seen it loved it