Battlestar Galactica (Peacock)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Network: Peacock
Showrunner: Sam Esmail (creator of Mr. Robot)

Previous articles:

"The makers of Peacock’s Battlestar Galactica TV series have reiterated that the new reboot will take place in the same continuity as the 2004 Battlestar Galactica and Caprica, keeping the entails close to their chest. According to Kinberg, there will be connections, but this will certainly not simply be a continuation or a remake of Ron Moore’s masterpiece."

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's still confusing what this new show will be. From the sounds of the above, it's in the same continuity but not a remake or continuation. So, all new characters but a different story in the same universe? That's what it sounds like. Would love to see some of the original cast make cameos if it's set in the same universe.

Interestingly enough? I have started rewatching the Ronald Moore series this past week. It holds up really well. I still have things I love and hate about it but I am enjoying rewatching the entire series so far. I am almost through Season 2.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always loved the IP, I hope they do it right. Even the originals from the 70's are still fun for me.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the original series.

Never saw the remake series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should really give the remake a shot. It's great sci-fi.
Right up until those back to back WTF reveal/comebacks and the ensuing tailspin that followed in the final season.

Until then, the show was fracking brilliant.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's still confusing what this new show will be. From the sounds of the above, it's in the same continuity but not a remake or continuation. So, all new characters but a different story in the same universe? That's what it sounds like. Would love to see some of the original cast make cameos if it's set in the same universe.

Interestingly enough? I have started rewatching the Ronald Moore series this past week. It holds up really well. I still have things I love and hate about it but I am enjoying rewatching the entire series so far. I am almost through Season 2.
That show forced me to be a Katee Sackhof fan against my will.
I wanted to hate it. ********* Dirk Benedict is Starbuck, and the role should be treated with respect!!!
Then Katee just freaking owned it. I watch all her stuff, love that chick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should really give the remake a shot. It's great sci-fi.
I think it's great sci-fi except when it's not. As I recall it went downhill quickly after the 2 part-er in season 2 when Pegasus joins up with them. The solid episodes were few and far between after that point until season 4 where the strong episodes once again became the norm rather than the exception.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sounds really stupid and confusing. Pass.
If it's set in the same continuity/universe, it's fine and not confusing. However, they need to clarify.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If it's set in the same continuity/universe, it's fine and not confusing. However, they need to clarify.
It would be a pass for me, then, although I would see the appeal to others. I've just never been a fan of the "also in this 'verse" non-main story lines. This is especially true with books, but also with movies and shows. Rogue One is a major exception.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am a big fan of the original series.

Never saw the remake series.
It's amazing. Give it a shot. Start with the two-part miniseries, so good.

The series had grit, great characters, twists and turns.

The CGI is great too. Some of the best, if not the best television of the 21st century. Without a doubt of the sci-fi genre.

Great Bear McCreary music as well. If you like Star Wars music, it's along those lines.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I've also been using my 'amazon no-rush' digital rewards to purchase two of the four seasons so far lol

I wish it had an HDR UHD version, but it doesn't. I'm not sure if it ever will if it was shot digitally around that time. Hopefully, it was shot with film.

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. Could be another offshoot, like how Pegasus was a 2nd Battlestar
2. Could be another human-type race that also creates AI that turns on them

At this point it could suck, it could be good, just not enough info. But it's an impossibly high bar to beat Ron Moore's version, so I doubt.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wish it had an HDR UHD version, but it doesn't. I'm not sure if it ever will if it was shot digitally around that time. Hopefully, it was shot with film.

As I recall, the original 6-episode miniseries was shot on film and if re-mastered, could look fantastic. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the rest of the series was shot in the very early days of HD Video and suffice it to say, the cameras had issues and they did some weird stuff back then to achieve a "gritty" look that makes a proper restoration to modern UHD standards likely impossible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard