At least Bidwill isn't Mike Brown. And at least we aren't Bengal fans.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They're basically doing a 3-way negotiation right now to see which player will sign for the least money. How pathetic is that?

If Palmer is your guy <B>YOU DRAFT PALMER</B>. Or newman, or whoever you think is "the man". But the point is, you draft who you think it helps your team the most to draft......not who will cost the least. What a sad, defeatist, punching-bag mentality that represents.

I'm not saying "pay any rookie whatever he demands" but to be making a draft decision based on who is willing to put up the least resistance in contract negotiations is pitiful.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B
They're basically doing a 3-way negotiation right now to see which player will sign for the least money. How pathetic is that?

If Palmer is your guy <B>YOU DRAFT PALMER</B>. Or newman, or whoever you think is "the man". But the point is, you draft who you think it helps your team the most to draft......not who will cost the least. What a sad, defeatist, punching-bag mentality that represents.

I'm not saying "pay any rookie whatever he demands" but to be making a draft decision based on who is willing to put up the least resistance in contract negotiations is pitiful.

I thought the point was if for some reason they couldn't come to terms with Palmer, they had the parameters established with Leftwich and Newman so they didn't have to start from scratch?

Basically they said they want a deal before the draft which somewhat implies whoever takes the offer first gets it, but I would expect that all 3 offers are different?

It is odd but not totally without precedent, Cleveland did it with Couch they started negotiating with Akili Smith telling Couch they would take Smith instead. That's why Leigh Steinberg complained they used him to get a better deal for Couch.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort