gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only against a troglodyte like Amos Jones. Twice in one game. What a buffoon

It almost looked like on the OT one, our C DUCKED after he snapped it to give Wagner an even BETTER shot at it!

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
They should have varied it up after the block.. wait a couple extra seconds after the holder calls for the ball to mess with Wagner's timing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It's still annoying for the kicker to know that there's gonna a dude in his face (not letting Cat off the hook).

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
If you can't line up directly over the center and bull rush him I don't think you should be able to hop over him either..but that's not the current rule

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jay Feely had a response on twitter to contradict Blandino & Pereira on the OT FG

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Whether it's a Cards game, or any other game I'm watching.... I will ALWAYS have a problem with a guy throwing his hankie on the field, then saying it's NOT a penalty.... Especially in instances where there is no replay involved.......... ***!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not letting Cat off the hook, but he is a legit NFL kicker. Amos Jones has no business in the league

You're not a legit kicker when you miss two game winning field goals in one season, one of them a 23 freaking yarder.

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Whether it's a Cards game, or any other game I'm watching.... I will ALWAYS have a problem with a guy throwing his hankie on the field, then saying it's NOT a penalty.... Especially in instances where there is no replay involved.......... ***!!
I see your point, but if the refs want to get together and talk through a rule as a group I am ok with that. The NFL rulebook is so vast and complex, I want them communicating with each other about what they saw and if it constitutes a rule violation.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
To fix this "jumping over center" deal, have the damn center stand up after he hikes it. Even if he doesn't block him, at least he effects the jump and can't get over so easily...

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The defender is jumping over him the second the ball is snapped... he's over him before he has a chance to stand up. Wagner made contact with the center & with Watford on the missed OT FG... it caused his body to twist & he wasn't able to land cleanly to try to block the kick. He also used his arms to launch off of the backs of 2 players, which is illegal.

Obviously, Catanzaro still should've made the kick.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That tweet by Feeley makes a pretty good argument. I hate when refs go against their instinct. Would've been 15 yards.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It almost looked like on the OT one, our C DUCKED after he snapped it to give Wagner an even BETTER shot at it!

He would have been more useful just falling backwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
To be honest I think Sherman would've blocked the OT FG if Catman didn't hook it. :bang:

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From the NFL rulebook, Rule 9, Article 3, Item 2:

Field Goal or Try Kick Formation. When Team A presents a field goal or Try Kick formation:

1. A Team B player, who is within one yard of the line of scrimmage, must have his entire body outside the snapper’s shoulder pads at the snap.

I have no idea how they can say that Wagner had his entire body outside of the snapper on either FG attempt. Are they trying to claim that he started his leap from over 1 yard away?