2016 NBA Draft thread

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes Ulis, I love it. Him or Felder would have been my choice here.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just love this pick. And he's young so he could still be growing, might be 150 pounds before all is said and done.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to imagine the Ulis pick means a Knight trade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to imagine the Ulis pick means a Knight trade.

We might be trading Bledsoe or Knight but I don't think this pick has anything to do with it. We've said all along that we want Knight to play the 2 position. It might be the end of Price but I could see us keeping him too as a mentor and 3rd PG.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We might be trading Bledsoe or Knight but I don't think this pick has anything to do with it. We've said all along that we want Knight to play the 2 position. It might be the end of Price but I could see us keeping him too as a mentor and 3rd PG.

There is a log jam for guard minutes and I finally believe that maybe the Suns are not in win now mode mentality. With that in mind this pick makes sense if you plan on developing some of our guards and moving Knight or Bledsoe for more assets.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is coach Cal allowed to have guards tour the Suns facilities during recruiting visits?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think Bender starts this year. Maybe not next. Chriss is physically closer. Bender more long term high ceiling guy, imo...........

If the Sarver haters are correct and we're committed to a win now approach I can't see us starting Bender or Chriss. Neither player is close to ready IMO, both are high reward projects.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Sarver haters are correct and we're committed to a win now approach I can't see us starting Bender or Chriss. Neither player is close to ready IMO, both are high reward projects.

Up until now I think those haters have been correct. However, with all the trades since last year, minutes for younger guys and now this draft? The tide may have turned.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Probably this... though it would be nice to see either (or both) exceed expectations early and force their way into playing time... like Booker did... also supposed to be a project and not play regularly for at least a season or two.

I think the Suns are finally on the right track of accumulating young talent, instead of going the usual ill conceived and poorly executed "be a little better than mediocre now" route they have usually taken in the post Nash era. Hopefully, Sarver doesn't screw it up by interfering.

And to that end, would really like to see them move either Bledsoe or Knight for more young talent or future picks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3 of our most prized assets are teenagers. I don't think people need to sweat that we're striving for mediocrity right now.

But I do think they'll sign a vet forward in free agency. There is no way they're going to trust Bender and Chriss to carry 40+ minutes a game between the 2 of them.

I think Chriss could get some decent playing time but Bender will probably get treated similar to how they used Len as a rookie. Hard to see how a guy who played sparingly in Israel jumping into a prominent role in the NBA right off the bat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard