2016 NBA Draft thread

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed the terms of the trade? Still hoping it was Knight included and not the 13. Of course, then we would have to be taking back some contract from the Kings

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Love the draft. Was really struggling deciding which guy I liked. Now we at least have two shots for one of these bigs to hit! And if they both do, with Booker is a great young nucleus. Word was that they think Chriss might develop into a 3. If the front line ends up being 6'10 Chriss, 7'1 bender, 7'1 Len that's quite some size. Add in 6'6 booker and we have length.

Or Warren, Chriss and Bender at 3, 4, 5 for height and athleticism - McD A+

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the draft. Was really struggling deciding which guy I liked. Now we at least have two shots for one of these bigs to hit! And if they both do, with Booker is a great young nucleus. Word was that they think Chriss might develop into a 3. If the front line ends up being 6'10 Chriss, 7'1 bender, 7'1 Len that's quite some size. Add in 6'6 booker and we have length.

It seems the Suns did too as they are so different.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soooo Payton II or Ulis at 34?

I lean Payton. Ulis has injury flags and is a midget without the athleticism of IT or Nate Robinson.

Ulis by a huge margin IMO, unless the injury is a long time concern. Great motor, great leader, great distributor for Ulis and if he had ideal size he'd have been the first guard taken in this class. I don't see either of them as future starters anyway so the size is less of a concern.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Okay, if that is the pick, glad to be sending it to Sacramento... yech.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got caught up, what a swing of emotions on here, lol.

I was pretty iffy on the Bender pick, now knowing we got Chriss too... I love it! We're swinging for the fences, with 2 big time boom or bust prospects but with very different playing styles. Dig it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Just got caught up, what a swing of emotions on here, lol.

I was pretty iffy on the Bender pick, now knowing we got Chriss too... I love it! We're swinging for the fences, with 2 big time boom or bust prospects but with very different playing styles. Dig it.
I think the belief was that they could go Bender at 4 and trade up for Chriss, but that it wouldn't have worked the other direction. It was a gamble, but obviously it paid off.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Glad I didn't post after the forth pick. Bender is like Frank Kamsinsky of the Hornets but 4 years younger. I really don't see him getting any minuets. We are talking about the Suns here he could get 10 minuets spot duty.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Glad I didn't post after the forth pick. Bender is like Frank Kamsinsky of the Hornets but 4 years younger. I really don't see him getting any minuets. We are talking about the Suns here he could get 10 minuets spot duty.
I feel like it is different with Watson. He seems to have a pretty long leash with the young guys.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I don't think Bender's upside is huge but for a fast, tall five that can make nice passes, hit the occasional three and play good defence he'll play a decent role. And he is very quick on his feet.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is going to be the weirdest night on this forum in EONS. I think EVERYONE is going to be either excited about this draft or okay with it at worst.

This went from the most disappointing draft since we took Lopez to being good. If we had taken Dunn and traded knight I would have been through the roof. I will take it though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the Celtics pick Guerschon Yabusele at #16. He reminds me of Kenneth Faried but perhaps with more upside.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I would agree with this except Lopez was #15. Nothing compares to taking Len at #5!!! Except maybe now Bender at #4 WTF.
But I would have loved taking Dunn or Heild and trading Bled or knight.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I think Luwawu wouldnt be on the radar if he was in the ncaa.

Already 21, raw and stands out in a weak league with athleticism.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Henry Ellenson goes at #18. I like his ball handing ability for a big man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen