Suns @ Timberwolves Tuesday Playoff game thread 4-23-2024 - Game 2

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On to game 2 after the Suns lose to the Timberwolves on Saturday.

Wolves go up 1-0 in the series.

Game 2 will again be played in Minneapolis.

When: Tuesday, 4-23-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports, TNT

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 4:30 pm Arizona time

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
we're going to be outsized again AND in need of 3s this time with grayson out so i expect bol bol to get zero minutes again because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like every time we say this about a book-lead suns playoff team the next game is WORSE.
Nah… they came back strong after the Nuggets handled us with ease going up 2-0 last year and tied that series…. Before the ensuing next two games, the last one being humiliating.

But overall, Booker teams don’t seem to consistently rise to the occasion once the chips are down.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They lost a game it happens Jesus how some of you act after a loss is just pathetic! Everyone played terrible EVERYONE and terrible coaching and lack of adjustments as well. But it’s a series which is why the 6 seed was still great to get, we absolutely didn’t want to be in a win or go home game! We will play better this team still has confidence against Minn it was just a poo performance from everyone top to Bottom, maybe Royce was the only one that didn’t make stupid turnovers and still did his job. Everyone else was garbage couldn’t hit shots, couldn’t get rebounds, missed layups, sloppy passing turnovers! Just gave up way too many second chance shots and they end up getting way more shot attempts. Have to rebound and move the ball and cut out the iso crap that kills our flow!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They lost a game it happens Jesus how some of you act after a loss is just pathetic! Everyone played terrible EVERYONE and terrible coaching and lack of adjustments as well. But it’s a series which is why the 6 seed was still great to get, we absolutely didn’t want to be in a win or go home game! We will play better this team still has confidence against Minn it was just a poo performance from everyone top to Bottom, maybe Royce was the only one that didn’t make stupid turnovers and still did his job. Everyone else was garbage couldn’t hit shots, couldn’t get rebounds, missed layups, sloppy passing turnovers! Just gave up way too many second chance shots and they end up getting way more shot attempts. Have to rebound and move the ball and cut out the iso crap that kills our flow!
Okay…

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that our weak performance in game 1 didn't do anything to harm our chances of winning it all. We were a very distant longshot to win it all - and we still are.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that our weak performance in game 1 didn't do anything to harm our chances of winning it all. We were a very distant longshot to win it all - and we still are.
I can’t handle laying eggs with this team. Deep down I had high hopes even though most knew better.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t handle laying eggs with this team. Deep down I had high hopes even though most knew better.
You're not alone. I've never believed in this team but I keep talking myself into believing we'll miraculously turn a corner and play every game like we're the team we've seen on our good nights. It's not going to happen but, for me, it's either give up on the NBA or cling to a hope that isn't rational.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say start Okogie with Allen out. Let him harass Edwards all night.

And give Eubanks' minutes to Bol. Eubanks gave us 9 minutes, 1 rebound, no points, though he did provide a block.
I'd let their play determine minutes between Bol and Eubanks but I agree, get Okogie out there and let him harass Edwards.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Gobert being able to guard outside and inside, the Suns may not have a chance unless they can get to the basket with regularity.

There has to be a cost for the Wolves extending Gobert. I'm not sure if the Suns have enough size to take advantage.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Despite the garbage we saw yesterday and my belief this team is soft with low IQ, they can still beat this wolves team. But they need better effort and Vogel can’t get his pants pulled down again. Personally I believe that when he seems book turtle beal should take over. Don’t defer to the guy who shies away from the moment.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Must win or series is over. I am not feeling optimistic.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I appreciate that someone already used the phrase "laying eggs," because that phrase is part of exactly what I thought.

Specifically, I thought disgustedly, "Jingle bells, jingle bells, Phoenix laid an egg." The Timberwolfs played a good game, but that has less to do with it. The Suns' performance was absolutely unacceptable. Whoever tweeted "Booker locked in" looks ridiculous after that game. Please. Booker does not appear to have been locked in at all. He is much better than Edwards and should never be outplayed by him. Actually, no one on the entire team played well except Durant--I guess--and he can do better than that.
He's not much better than Edwards, I'm not sure he's better at all, especially if he continues to have so many games where he completely no shows.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Suns peak was securing 6th place in the West.

They have no bench depth outside O'Neale and their size is mostly limited to Nurkic.

Good teams have at least a 7-8 man rotation. The Suns can't afford for their starters not to perform.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Suns peak was securing 6th place in the West.

They have no bench depth outside O'Neale and their size is mostly limited to Nurkic.

Good teams have at least a 7-8 man rotation. The Suns can't afford for their starters not to perform.
Thaddeus Young needs some minutes!

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
We have three world class players and yet we have each of them play ISO basketball. It's so dumb. Move the ball around and one of those guys will have a much easier shot or Allen or O'Neale will be wide open. It's basketball 101. Come on. MOVE THE BALL. Sheesh.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I was thinking that this--feeling that I have the right to expect much at all times from a player who can score seventy points even once--somewhat resembled why I felt let down by Amare Stoudemire's limitations. When the Suns drafted him, Amare Stoudemire said "I could be the new Charles Barkley." I wasn't foolish enough to think that meant he was as great as Barkley before playing one game in the NBA, but I took Stoudemire's boast as an invitation to see Barkley-like potential in him and to feel disappointed when he showed his limitations.

Booker...he never yammers like Amare did. Booker is strictly one to let his actions do the talking. This returns to my initial thought that Booker's coolness isn't serving his team well anymore.

Amare’s confidence matched his talent level early on. He had top-5 all time offensive potential as a big man. You saw what he did to peak Duncan, Dirk and KG before microfracture…. His progression if healthy those next few years is the biggest what-if in Valley sports history after the Kareem coin flip.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's not much better than Edwards, I'm not sure he's better at all, especially if he continues to have so many games where he completely no shows.
Agree. Won’t be surprised if he overtakes book next season like SGA did this season (or maybe last).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn