Arizona State Basketball 2023-24

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hear you, but for the sake of argument, this school doesn't even have an AD, so how much does the school even care about winning?
Doesn’t matter if the school does. The players choose not to play I presume they choose not to try and win for the school. There are fans who want to see these guys play the sport and try to bring pride and maybe, just maybe, a nice trophy to display

I get what you are saying though

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay that’s CRAZY that they all declined a bid. Have we ever seen that many declinations?!?
No, the problem is the transfer portal. They are either going to open it later after the tournament or the NIT will die.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former Sun Devils in March Madness:

John Olmstead/Montana State University
D.J. Horne/North Carolina State
Jaelen House/New Mexico
Warren Washington/Texas Tech
Devan Cambridge/Texas Tech
Duke Brennan/Grand Canyon

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t consider the transfer portal to be an excuse. The pendulum has swung too far. Even if the portal opens later these players know they are transferring at this point any way. Changing the date does nothing.

it has become a clown show and this no regulations, no enforcement environment is making college sports harder and harder to connect and commune with

ASU athletics is losing me. I'm waiting to see what happens with a new AD and football before drifting further away.

And this is coming from a former season ticket holder in football and basketball for many years and who attended every baseball game possible.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU athletics is losing me. I'm waiting to see what happens with a new AD and football before drifting further away.

And this is coming from a former season ticket holder in football and basketball for many years and who attended every baseball game possible.
So disappointing you are feeling this lack of connection and you are not alone. I am trying to continually energize my passion for ASU athletics but will admit it is getting more difficult. I used to have ASU season tickets for football and am current season ticket holder for baseball. I am considering season hockey tickets next year

Serious question, when the new AD is hired, how will you know if ASU athletics is worthy of more of your time and effort?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So disappointing you are feeling this lack of connection and you are not alone. I am trying to continually energize my passion for ASU athletics but will admit it is getting more difficult. I used to have ASU season tickets for football and am current season ticket holder for baseball. I am considering season hockey tickets next year

Serious question, when the new AD is hired, how will you know if ASU athletics is worthy of more of your time and effort?

It's like when a professional team hires a new GM. I want to see a total commitment to winning and the desire to pull out all the stops to do so. It may be a journey, but I want to see a leader worthy of following.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Really nice game by DJ Horne in NC State's victory over Duke. I thought that Jaelen Graham might have emerged as the tourney star among former Sun Devils, but I'm happy for DJ. He benefitted from better coaching (Kevin Keatts) this year. I don't like their chances in the Final Four, but the Wolfpack have been on an epic run.

Chelseadal

Reaction score
Unfortunately Graham was a Bust at Arkansas the last 2 years. I am sure Musselman was all over him all the time. Or did you mean House?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh. Good players at B list programs. We are going to get smoked in the Big 12.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard