Listening to NBA Radio

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
bagging on suns moves last night.

Bagging on suns if they are banking on landing dlo bc he’s restricted and could be matched - don’t know how facts fall out and change expectations. Kyrie could go elsewhere, nets decide to retain him, nets get better deal from someone else like Orlando

Bagging on suns for passing on white

Co-host on all this: “I have no answers for you”

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bagging on suns if they are banking on landing dlo bc he’s restricted and could be matched - don’t know how facts fall out and change expectations. Kyrie could go elsewhere, nets decide to retain him, nets get better deal from someone else like Orlando

The Suns are getting bagged nationally. I have been listening to stuff since last night. Basically the Suns no matter who they get at PG.....everyone is just baffled by the moves. Several also mentioned that the Suns don't have a good track record attracting their initial target so if they don't get who they want it only amplifies how bad these moves are.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dumpster fire trash heap moves, are the Suns tanking the draft hahahahha

You must be registered for see images attach

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I'm just praying Jones and the front office just somehow know what they're all doing and we will all be surprised this season. Maybe these moves will make some sense later on! What do you guys think what are the chances this happens I'm saying 5%

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just praying Jones and the front office just somehow know what they're all doing and we will all be surprised this season. Maybe these moves will make some sense later on! What do you guys think what are the chances this happens I'm saying 5%

I think they know what they're doing, I'm just not convinced that I like what they wanted to do. I do think we're improved but I feel we wasted opportunities that might have helped us more in the long run. But I can't say I hate what we've done, like everyone else here I'm sick and tired of us being the laughing stock of the NBA (and beyond).

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A day later I have no idea what the plan is.

Why take Johnson at 11? Where does he play unless they don't sign Oubre?

Booker's back up?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
As much as I hated yesterday, I think 5% is way too low, I'd be more around 40% or so. We had several needs and some of those needs have at least been addressed. Maybe not SOLVED, but definitely addressed.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
All of these media people are going to look really dumb if these moves generally work out for the Suns. That is a big part of why I don't get overly emotional with takes and go to the extremes on things that have yet to play out. Nobody has any real clue how all of this is going to play out on the court yet. Maybe they prove to be a dumpster fire and maybe they prove to be much better than the last few years. On top of that the off season isn't even finished yet.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah 5% tops.

I have lost all faith in this front office when they

A. Want nothing to do with Garland despite him being the 2nd best PG in the draft
B. Take Johnson at least 10 spots to early for absolutely no good reason at all.
C. Reportedly want nothing to do with signing DLO.
D. Reportedly are actually considering signing Corey Joseph.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of these media people are going to look really dumb if these moves generally work out for the Suns. That is a big part of why I don't get overly emotional with takes and go to the extremes on things that have yet to play out. Nobody has any real clue how all of this is going to play out on the court yet. Maybe they prove to be a dumpster fire and maybe they prove to be much better than the last few years. On top of that the off season isn't even finished yet.

I was looking for the multiple LIKE button but couldn't find it.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
A day later I have no idea what the plan is.

Why take Johnson at 11? Where does he play unless they don't sign Oubre?

Booker's back up?

My guess is that JJ is gone and he will be playing behind Bridges, as the second wing off the bench. He may also be able to play with Bridges and Oubre in some specialty lineups. It would be interesting to play Ayton with the (mostly) second unit of shooters- Jerome, Bridges, Cam, and Saric. Post him up and space the floor with four shooters.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah 5% tops.

I have lost all faith in this front office when they

A. Want nothing to do with Garland despite him being the 2nd best PG in the draft
B. Take Johnson at least 10 spots to early for absolutely no good reason at all.
C. Reportedly want nothing to do with signing DLO.
D. Reportedly are actually considering signing Corey Joseph.
Funny thing is, on all 4 of your takes there is actually NO real substantial evidence that any of it is true unless you unilaterally believe Gambo.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Could you imagine how much better they would be if they had taken Doncic and signed Capella last year?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

So those NBA guys should be smarter than that. The scenario that DLo comes to the Suns are if his rights are renounced by the Nets to make room for two max contracts. That was originally supposed to be Kyrie and KD. Now no one knows if KD is leaving Golden State. Would the Nets still offer KD a max contract? So assuming they Nets still go through with the plan, we would only get involved if DLo is renounced and becomes a free agent. You would think NBA reporters would know this. Shame on them!

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought the Warriors were planning on signing KD to the supermax, letting him heal out the year, then trading him. This way he gets more money and they get something for him...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I thought the Warriors were planning on signing KD to the supermax, letting him heal out the year, then trading him. This way he gets more money and they get something for him...
I heard that, too. That's why no one knows whats going on with the Nets. I heard a rumor Kyrie was willing to still go to the Nets, but they told him, it has to be him AND KD. Meanwhile all we are getting is rumors on KD. When that situation gets settled, it will speed everything up. I think the Lakers are trying to get Kyrie, but he is still trying to get to Broklyn.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
How did the fans and media generally feel about our 2016 and 2017 drafts? Most people loved those drafts and they have both gone horribly wrong. All the sudden so many people hating on our draft is somehow comforting.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they know what they're doing, I'm just not convinced that I like what they wanted to do. I do think we're improved but I feel we wasted opportunities that might have helped us more in the long run. But I can't say I hate what we've done, like everyone else here I'm sick and tired of us being the laughing stock of the NBA (and beyond).

I am convinced they THINK they know what they are doing. I mean it's their job to think that. They have a plan. It doesn't mean it's a good plan or that they actually know what they are doing.

Here is to hoping they do because I sure as heck thought we would be further long than we are developing a young team than we are right now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am convinced they THINK they know what they are doing. I mean it's their job to think that. They have a plan. It doesn't mean it's a good plan or that they actually know what they are doing.

Here is to hoping they do because I sure as heck thought we would be further long than we are developing a young team than we are right now.

Keep in mind though I was just referring to the current management team when I said I think they know what they're doing. But I agree, just having a plan doesn't mean you have a good plan and I have no idea whether their plan is a good one. So far it's brought me more confusion than satisfaction.

I really didn't expect us to be much further along than we are now, record wise, but I did expect to have a more flushed out roster for the future and I didn't expect us to strike out on so many high draft picks. And I certainly didn't expect us to keep alienating players effectively forcing us to jettison them. I do hope we get that under control soon.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I have two thoughts on this:

In past history of the Suns we had drafts where they booed players who went on to later have very good to great careers for the Suns. It even got to be a thing with the Suns.

I also think back to last year's Cardinals team that had new coaches and everyone was SURE they would be good. They even drafted a QB that was sure to be the future franchise QB. Everyone was sure of that team and that draft class! 3 wins, 13 loses later.......

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two thoughts on this:

In past history of the Suns we had drafts where they booed players who went on to later have very good to great careers for the Suns. It even got to be a thing with the Suns.

You're talking about a franchise that was owned and run completely different at that time.

I also think back to last year's Cardinals team that had new coaches and everyone was SURE they would be good. They even drafted a QB that was sure to be the future franchise QB. Everyone was sure of that team and that draft class! 3 wins, 13 loses later.......

uh... not EVERYONE thought they'd be good. I was pretty sure (as were others) that they were a disaster in the making. Yes, I thought Josh had a very bright future, but the present was going to be awful.

They were also the odds on favorite to be the worst team in the league according to Vegas if I'm not mistaken.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We thought they drafted well the last 5 years....how's that working out for us? I'm looking forward to see how it plays out. As long as Igor and his entire staff are far away....I'm good

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson