Cards Jets Game Thread 2008

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
wow. everything put right back into perspective from one hit.

thoughts are with boldin.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
he moved his hands back together when being carted through the tunnel.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they didn't even call a penalty on that play?

Most useless, worthless garbage ever.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And they didn't even call a penalty on that play?

Most useless, worthless garbage ever.

that makes it even more ignorant that none of those blind bastards in stripes saw a helmet to helmet hit. The yardage wouldn't have mattered, sure, but at least act like you are doing your damn job out there on the field.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes i do. You believe in come back at this point? Was there a need to throw a deep ball? Okay not Warner but why put in such play at this point in time?
I believe in 110% effort till the final buzzer and football is a violent sport.
$h!t happens.
Q is a warrior and obviously not the type of guy to short-arm a tough catch. He knew he was gonna get smacked and he tried to make the play.
If you want to blame someone blame the nature of the sport.
If Wiz would've called nothing but dive plays of left tackle he'd have caught criticism for lying down from the diehards.
It's unfortunate i know but without that type of effort(in the 2nd half) the Cards would've lost by 60 pts.

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
I believe in 110% effort till the final buzzer and football is a violent sport.
$h!t happens.
Q is a warrior and obviously not the type of guy to short-arm a tough catch. He knew he was gonna get smacked and he tried to make the play.
If you want to blame someone blame the nature of the sport.
If Wiz would've called nothing but dive plays of left tackle he'd have caught criticism for lying down from the diehards.
It's unfortunate i know but without that type of effort(in the 2nd half) the Cards would've lost by 60 pts.

I believe in 110% effort but not when it comes down to less than a min to go and clearly no chance of winning. They still played after Q went down. What if Fitz get tackled by the knees and torn ACL? Then what? Yeah violent game. Coaches has a choice to end gracefully and not to have another injury to anyone on the field. I would not have called Whiz laiddown the egg when we clearly knew we can't win less than 2 min left in the game.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The reason cards lost:

7 turnovers
11 penalties

Least disciplined team in the NFL...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The reason cards lost:

7 turnovers
11 penalties

Least disciplined team in the NFL...

Wasn't the motto under Whisnehunt -- Tough, Disciplined & Smart--well we got the tough part (except for Eric Green faking it) but are sorely lacking in the other 2.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Sound familiar to anyone? Yes this team probably isn't as good as the team in 2008 was but the same bull that people were spewing then is the same bull being spewed now. People over react, we have to deal with it. Like I've said in another tread, wake me when we get past week 4. By the quarter mark we will know who we are and who the rest of the division is.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Sound familiar to anyone? Yes this team probably isn't as good as the team in 2008 was but the same bull that people were spewing then is the same bull being spewed now. People over react, we have to deal with it. Like I've said in another tread, wake me when we get past week 4. By the quarter mark we will know who we are and who the rest of the division is.

If Derek Anderson had the track record of a Kurt Warner I don't think you'd be seeing nearly the amount of angst that you do today.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
GOD DAMNIT, YOU EFFING SCREWUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEARN HOW TO...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good effing GOD, the game is going exactly as scripted, and two of our stars effing CHOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GTfh[98aergyqer=aeryv8qwer0bger8hy9[/QUOTE]

:D