NFL Player you Remember 1st Admiring as a Kid

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Sissy, what frat are you in if I can ask? I'm Greek affiliated myself, and had great relationships with other org's at my school.
It was an off campus frat, Kappa Psi, so I am sure you would never have heard of them. I doubt it exists any longer, for my last term as president ended with a huge split between the pot heads and drunks. Along with the death of the previous 2 presidents, there was no one left but me to run and do everything. And I was too crushed by the death of my 2 best friends to even show up at the house any longer. Ed Masry was one of the founders of the fraternity the year I was born in 1949.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was an off campus frat, Kappa Psi, so I am sure you would never have heard of them. I doubt it exists any longer, for my last term as president ended with a huge split between the pot heads and drunks. Along with the death of the previous 2 presidents, there was no one left but me to run and do everything. And I was too crushed by the death of my 2 best friends to even show up at the house any longer. Ed Masry was one of the founders of the fraternity the year I was born in 1949.
Oh, wow okay. My frat is actually Kappa ALPHA Psi, so I certainly would have caught it had they been around my area. Sorry for your bad experience brother.....

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL would be Danny White. I started watching the Cowboys because Danny White was from here.

Cardinals would be Roy Green.

I'd watch the Cowboys to see local product Bob Breunig play as well.

I could hardly wait for Roger Staubach to take a seat so I could see Danny White play.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Len Dawson and Joe Namath. Can't pick one over the other.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Aeneas Williams. The only Card from those dreadful teams that went to the pro-bowl

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just want to say that as old as some of you obviously are, I’m very impressed you’re still able to type.

With all that said, Cardinals were Chuck Cecil, Swann, AW, Plummer and Boldin. Non Cards were Marino, Curtis Martin, Darrell Green, Dave Meggett (not as a person lol), Phillip Rivers, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, big shot out to Darnell Dockett. I met and hung out with his family at a game years ago. Awesome group. Then I met him at a gym years later. Great story that I’ll never tell on here.

Flip side, I saw a Brian Westbrook be a complete douche to a 8 year old kid at a golf course years ago. This was during his prime. The kid was an eagles fan and literally cried his eyes out. We almost got to fighting on the course over it. Lost all respect for the dude. I invited the kid to come hang out with us (my buddies and I were in our mid twenties at the time and more fun than his dad who I knew lol) for the remainder of the round to try and cheer him up. The kid is now a graduate of Alabama, has worked for me for almost ten years. One of the best young men you could ever meet. He’s been a Cards fan since that day.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Rick Berns. Signed a 3x5 notecard at a Safeway when I was like 9. He asked what I wanted on it and I said, “to my best friend Brent…”. I think he returned a couple of kickoffs for the Bucs.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just want to say that as old as some of you obviously are, I’m very impressed you’re still able to type.

With all that said, Cardinals were Chuck Cecil, Swann, AW, Plummer and Boldin. Non Cards were Marino, Curtis Martin, Darrell Green, Dave Meggett (not as a person lol), Phillip Rivers, Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.
Well we aren’t the best at two finger typing but with a full ten we are still smoking the keyboard…

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Travis Williams and Bart Starr.
Cardinals: Jim Hart, Terry Metcalf, Mel Gray

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Leroy Kelly still the best all round football player I've ever watched - punt return - rushing champion. - passer, receiver - like 70% of browns offense went through him for 10 years after him brown retired. Would take 53 of him

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Growing up I always loved to watch Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson. Two of the most exciting players of all time for sure. My favorite Cardinal players from the same time were Eric Swann, Ken Harvey, and Ernie "Indiana" Jones, I thought Chuck Cecil was pretty bad ass when I was a kid as well.