Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Friday game thread 5-5-2023 - Game 3

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But we didn’t lose.

Give it a rest.

Dude literally everyone is talking sports and having discussions and you're trying to steer things towards how people are talking. Maybe quit caring what people say if it bothers you rather than trying to shut it down. We can all agree or disagree peacefully and I think everyone has for the most part until you showed up telling people to stop.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well….that was a lot to process lol. I’m glad we won but idk how that’s sustainable going forward. This is the KD and Book show, tune in and have a seat.

Glad we finally played TJ and Terrence just to at least try it out. But still, that was a game where we had control, they stole it, it was even, and then we closed.

Ayton….I know Jokic is a tough cover but you gotta play better than that man. I’m serious, he needs to speak to a sports psychologist. It’s just disappointing seeing someone waste their gift when they have all the talent to be great. Dominayton feels dead. Sorry Tesla Battery.

He’s completely checked out

Jokic has historically been a really good match up for him, but he’s legit not even trying at this point. Hell this isn’t even the first time he’s matched up with Jokic in the playoffs.

He’s done

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He hit 56% on the year. 4 time scoring champion. I can say with confidence they will start to fall.

I hope they do. He's a great scorer and I'm learning watching him more that he's more of a scorer than basketball player, if that makes sense. By that I mean LeBron is a great basketball player because when his shot isn't falling he stops shooting and gets others going. KD though forces his way to line and continues jacking up shots.

Ultimately score determines the victor and it worked out but like I said before, if Booker was that inefficient he'd be roasted.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker and Durant accounted for 88% of the Suns offense (shooting, FT and assists).

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty better talk about the entire team outside of KD only shooting 2 free throws

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Dude literally everyone is talking sports and having discussions and you're trying to steer things towards how people are talking. Maybe quit caring what people say if it bothers you rather than trying to shut it down. We can all agree or disagree peacefully and I think everyone has for the most part until you showed up telling people to stop.
Off topic but I just saw your avatar. Love it,I have several shirts with that moniker on the back.

:hijack:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty better talk about the entire team outside of KD only shooting 2 free throws
Monty should be getting a fine for blasting the refs. Book was fouled at least 5 or 6 times that I recall. Nothing they can do about that unless the league says something to the refs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty should be getting a fine for blasting the refs. Book was fouled at least 5 or 6 times that I recall. Nothing they can do about that unless the league says something to the refs.

I’ve never seen anything like this. I think we shot 6 free throws in game 2.

It’s insane

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting 16 free throw attempts is incredible, drawing all those fouls has value beyond the points scored from them. And making 14 of them is great. But shooting 12 for 31 is a very bad night. I don't know how to grade the good against the bad there but I'd disagree with anyone who said he had a good night or a bad night. We don't win without him but the KD we traded for should have made this an easy win for us.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don't know what you do about Ain'tin. They are going to need contributions from him at some point if they are seriously trying to run the table. He seemed like actually straight up quit tonight.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting 16 free throw attempts is incredible, drawing all those fouls has value beyond the points scored from them. And making 14 of them is great. But shooting 12 for 31 is a very bad night. I don't know how to grade the good against the bad there but I'd disagree with anyone who said he had a good night or a bad night. We don't win without him but the KD we traded for should have made this an easy win for us.
Not to mention all the attention he draws away from Book and other players.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
With Durant and Booker on the floor, the number one thing we need from our center is energy(rebounding/defense/toughness), which unfortunately, Ayton isn't providing at all. Still, I think they keep Ayton as a starter so as to not completely destroy team chemistry. Hopefully being benched tonight was enough to bring the hustle out of Ayton in game 4. Unlike some here, I still like Ayton a lot, and I'm hoping he can somehow, someway turn things around.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A big problem with Ayton is he doesn't fight for position under the basket and ends up watching the action.

He could do so much more if he fought to establish position and blocked out on rebounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard