Cards hire Drew Petzing as their OC

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals just can't win with these hires.
Plenty of people who are meh or down on this hire are much more cautiously optimistic on the DC here.

But you tend to argue only in absolutes. And sadly look to be trending back to living up to your Krangodanzr name, just like last off-season when you mocked everyone who saw last season’s train wreck coming from a mile away, as opposed to yourself, who had to be flattened by the train before acknowledging the disaster.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol. “Name better candidates “. A better candidate is named. “We couldn’t get him”.

Can’t make it up.
Too bad Steichen was hired. Brian Johnson would have been a great get in terms of him helping Hurts as a QB coach and has experience calling plays in college.

What makes me hopeful though is Gannon. I think he's going to bring a lot of stuff he's picked up from Philly the last couple of years.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure who this dude is never heard of him....

But I'll give him a fair shake bong rip and pray he can help kyler and cards offense open up more

Hope all cards fans ok with this hire....

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys who aren’t coordinators and would be able to be hired. Also more qualified than Petzing. These are those names.

The guy that's going to be Chiefs OC
A 56 year old that's failed twice at OC

And Dan Pitcher. I agree, Dan Pitcher would be a nice get. If he hadn't said he wants to stay with the Bengals.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Plenty of people who are meh or down on this hire are much more cautiously optimistic on the DC here.

But you tend to argue only in absolutes. And sadly look to be trending back to living up to your Krangodanzr name, just like last off-season when you mocked everyone who saw last season’s train wreck coming from a mile away, as opposed to yourself, who had to be flattened by the train before acknowledging the disaster.
LOL trying to make things personal I see.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would have been a solid get as QB coach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's perfectly reasonable to say "I don't know much about this guy. Maybe he will be good or not. We will see" or something like that.

The "This is terrible. Kyler should request a trade. The guy has no qualifications" stuff is dumb.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I have no idea about any of these dudes. What I do know is that if Rallis or Petzing are good.... they won't be here very long and if they suck..... they won't be here very long.

I am hoping for the best here.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
College QB. Three years as a QB coach and worked those three years with a young QB.
Holding a job doesn't necessarily make you qualified or the best man for the job.

Russ Grimm was supposedly a great OL coach for many years until we learned how little he actually taught his guys.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think it's his experience at SUNY Cortland that is so impressive. Or coaching a QB who is going to be an All Time great who pretty much could probably coach Dan Pitcher.
He coached Burrow his entire professional career. The ability to get the most out of a talented #1 draft pick QB is exactly what we are looking for.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Holding a job doesn't necessarily make you qualified or the best man for the job.

Russ Grimm was supposedly a great OL coach for many years until we learned how little he actually taught his guys.
Petzing has never held the same job as a positional coach for more than two seasons…how is that a plus?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison