Eagles at Cardinals gameday thread 10-9-22

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had to sign a kicker from a heap of junk. What, go into the game without one?

43 is no gimmie.
To be fair.. we did just kinda rely on a guy who blew an opportunity with KC. He was in his own head. 43 should absolutely be a somewhat gimme in today's NFL IMO. I think the argument for getting more yards for a kicker with pregame yips was potentially worth the risk.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Defense hasn’t been that bad

But I think it’s clear Kyler and Kliff and def taken a step backwards
Eagles have a great secondary and a good defense, and we shown we can move the ball on them without Hopkins. I am just not mad after this loss and a bit encouraged compared to how the games have went so far... that kick would have been no good even with ten more yards

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well…the home losing streak is now eight. How did this lousy team get to 10-2 at one point last season?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s the combo of the early slide and then the ensuing spike, wasting 3rd down when he could’ve grabbed the needed one yard for the first down…
Yeah couldn’t KK or someone have been aware and say run a play run a play? Doesn’t make sense the only thing makes sense is they thought it was 1st down. Just a hurry up cluster there at the end that TO wasted in injury really could have came in handy on that drive geesh!

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And that’s what keim gets signing a crap kicker
Our replacement kicker is replaceable
Talking about signing a replacement kicker, the Eagles just signed theirs this week as well. A guess a competent GM knows where to find talent, and an inept one only knows to go for the so-called "NFL experience".

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't even care about the wuss aspect. That means nothing. What matters was the lack of awareness. You'd probably easily get your 3rd and 1 and get the ball a little more reasonable for a field goal. Even though reasonable needs to be a 42 yarder for any NFL kicker. Which is why ammendola will be gone next week.
If Murray would have tried to run through the guy for the first and didn’t get it, no problem, it would have showed me and everyone else something, but pussed out and then compounded it with spiking the ball.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well…the home losing streak is now eight. How did this lousy team get to 10-2 at one point last season?
We weren't lousy and largely uninjured? Not rocket science my dude. Team regressed hard.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
Just another excuse for Kyler (its not my fault) Murray. He has no problem letting others know they were wrong or didn't run the right play but when he screws up there is always an excuse. How a coach doesn't give him an earful for this is unreal. Someone needs to tell this weak minded primadona its not all about him.

Like everyone else has said he needs to man up get the first. He is a mental midget who thinks he is way better than what he really is.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To be fair.. we did just kinda rely on a guy who blew an opportunity with KC. He was in his own head. 43 should absolutely be a somewhat gimme in today's NFL IMO. I think the argument for getting more yards for a kicker with pregame yips was potentially worth the risk.

43 game winner/tying kick is not a gimme, especially from joe blow off the street.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unreal ... murray gosh ...

half a meter right...
Rodrigo Blankenship is available. He has much better field goal percentage and has a career long of 53.
Yes but coulda shoulda woulda, this was on Kyler not being aware of the chains and not seeing that it's 3rd down ....

just unreal. in that moment a trick play or a TO left would have been so crucial ... or a QB knowing where the chains are...

The kicker is on the street for a reason and we saw it. Normally we are save with our normal kicker, but geesh, does it hurt.

And without the kicker, we should have gone for the throat, not overtime with over 24 seconds left, at least one throw if you think, but yes, Kyler missed some really wide open throws today and than sunk the ship, getting a cars salesman a 43 yarder...

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
43 game winner/tying kick is not a gimme, especially from joe blow off the street.
Ten more yards from the same kick he nailed extra point wise twice is somewhat of a gimme. Which is why he won't be here next week. Which is the point. If he missed a 57 yarder with the others he made previously he'd still likely be here if prater can't make it. But IMO you won't see the dude next week. That will be the reason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave