2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes Gallo comes on holiday where I live. If I met him before he signs, I will try to tell him to come to Arizona!

Also we might need you scout some European prospects for the Suns while you are at it. :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is tightening up penalties on transition take fouls and bench decorum.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doncic is allegedly not satisfied with the Mavs offseason so far. I think he is crazy. To me they have shored up their biggest weakness in the offseason. I have a feeling a few years down the road Doncic might be forcing his way out of Dallas if things don't go his way. He is a crybaby on the court and type of player where he would throw a tantrum to get out of town if not happy.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Doncic is allegedly not satisfied with the Mavs offseason so far. I think he is crazy. To me they have shored up their biggest weakness in the offseason. I have a feeling a few years down the road Doncic might be forcing his way out of Dallas if things don't go his way. He is a crybaby on the court and type of player where he would throw a tantrum to get out of town if not happy.

I think you can count on that. I expect one off-season in the not too distant future, he will be either forcing a trade to LA and/or to some triple star lineup.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough break for E.J. Liddell.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not surprised. They lost, arguably, their 2nd best player for nothing. They traded for a center who, frankly, I think wouldn't start on most teams and likely will not be on the court in the clutch.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rick Carlisle says the Pacers are becoming a destination.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pat Connaughton signs a 3 year, $28.5 million extension with the Bucks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rick Carlisle says the Pacers are becoming a destination.

Rick is dead on.

I've always said; "I don't get why players are not fighting each other over the right to live in Indianapolis!?!? It combines the crime of Baltimore with the weather of Cleveland and the culture of Des Moines!"

The Pacers being the only realistic max contract option is a coincidence... Ayton would probably play there for free.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rick is dead on.

I've always said; "I don't get why players are not fighting each other over the right to live in Indianapolis!?!? It combines the crime of Baltimore with the weather of Cleveland and the culture of Des Moines!"

The Pacers being the only realistic max contract option is a coincidence... Ayton would probably play there for free.

The Pacers have to sell any attraction they have.

They've had some good players there but it hasn't worked out for them.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Rick is dead on.

It's actually the current state of how Indiana plans to operate is good for young guys who just need to play but not for max guys. DA will want out as quickly as Jermani Grant did especially if Indiana doesn't keep any vets.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why should he be happy? They lost their only other legit scorer, and he had way to much pressure on him to score already.

I don't see how they are not a worse team than last season right now.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They lost there second best player. Christian Wood and McGee don’t move the needle.

Stars win championships he wants another star in Dallas and if they don’t get one for him I could see him leaving

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knicks got 11 1st and 11 2nd round picks over the next 7 years

And they have not resigned one of their own picks since Hiesman Trophy winner, Charlie Ward!

Might as well put those picks to some kinda use.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the workout video for Dennis Smith Jr? He has the most blockable shot I've ever seen, how have I never noticed that before?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson