Suns @ Lakers Sunday Playoff thread 5-30- 2021 - Game 4

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How was he unsteady? It seemed everyone was coming down on him for not making changes and adjustments.
You misunderstand me. My complaint, and I’ve been consistent with this, is that Monty never made adjustments in 2.5 games.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think that's more the players lacking poise. They stumble when Chris Paul is not effective. I wish it were different. Maybe it's because the Suns are not an experienced playoff team.
Come on. You were one of the big proponents with changing stuff up, like playing Carter more. Now you’re ready to give Monty a free pass for our two losses?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No, this series rides on CP3's ability. If he can be productive, we win. AD or no AD. We had the lead when AD went out.

It’s hard to say, because AD looked much more limited today at driving and attacking than he did in Games 2/3. I think the knee was bothering him. We only have a one quarter sample of everyone at relatively full strength (we did win that quarter pretty easily).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on. You were one of the big proponents with changing stuff up, like playing Carter more. Now you’re ready to give Monty a free pass for our two losses?

I'd do some things different but Monty is on the inside and we are on the outside.

I'm guessing he knows the team better than we do.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Groin strains are like hammies. They just don't heal that fast. If he plays, he won't be effective. That did not look mild.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Now Suns need to get Devin Booker back.

He had 17 points but only shooting 5-14. He had 5 assists but 5 turnovers.

Caruso is all-nba caliber defender. Kuzma also plays well on that end. Then they have KCP and Matthews. Not hard to see how they won the championship last year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Caruso is all-nba caliber defender. Kuzma also plays well on that end. Then they have KCP and Matthews. Not hard to see how they won the championship last year.

you think they could shut down Morant, Dame, Trai Young, or even Mitchell?

because I don’t. Booker needs to do some work on his game. And it should start with learning how to shoot a decent percentage from 3.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
you think they could shut down Morant, Dame, Trai Young, or even Mitchell?

because I don’t. Booker needs to do some work on his game. And it should start with learning how to shoot a decent percentage from 3.

I was actually thinking of that before the game today.

Everyone here and in Suns media (and NBA media broadly) has Tatum and Mitchell in the same tier as Booker. I won’t have Booker close to them until he puts up 40+ in a playoff game (like they’ve done multiple times). I think he could get there next round. Lakers is a big ask. They clamped up Supernova Murray last year.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I thought it was telling that AD didn’t get the foul call at the end of the half (on the play he got hurt), and Ayton got a fairly generous (and extremely late) whistle on a drive in the 2nd half.

Suns starting to get a little bit of a favorable whistle (especially DA on both ends). Game was still officiated in Lakers’ favor. The LeBron travel uncalled leading to a 3 was unfathomably bad.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Nash days were great. Especially that 3-1 comeback series. That’s when My friends and I were at our MOST rabid with each other.

But I’m actually back in Phoenix for most of the summer. But I would LOVE listening to the radio tomorrow to hear their fans whining like babies.
Back “IN” Phoenix for the summer?? Doesn’t the migration pattern work in the opposite direction?? [emoji1787]

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Playing suns my gm ranked on ps5 watching suns highlights on YouTube with bong rips is an euphoric feeling lol

Just an amazing gm

Jones should be gm of yr

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best player on the floor. Second game this series.
Because he's held to a higher standard because of his skill level I'll just say.. yes, when AD was gone, he finally showed up. But credit where credit is due. Better late than never.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best player on the floor. Second game this series.
Because he's held to a higher standard because of his skill level I'll just say.. yes, when AD was gone, he finally showed up. But credit where credit is due. Better late than never.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

game 1 tho

also, LBJ and AD are pretty skilled, too

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

he finally showed up when AD was gone? He’s been our best player from game 1 every game

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave