Gardeck injury

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
But at least with Prime, he was unreal in coverage for a long time. You can’t say the same at all for Peterson.
I agree that no one is going to argue that Peterson is the greatest CB ever, but I do feel like his impact over a more pass-heavy era of football should not be understated. He has been really good for all but 3 of his seasons with the Cardinals. He is likely a Hall of Fame guy. I just feel like we see his warts more than most people.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chopper I hear you, but as soon as we get comfortable that's when we get murdered. Secondary play, much like O-Line play can lull you into a false sense of security. We've been bad enough at CB, that I don't ever want to go back to the Justin Bethel, Brandon Williams, etc level of personnel. This is where Keim has to earn his money this offseason.
But that is the personal preference. I would rather give 12 mil to Brandon Sherff than Peterson. I would rather pay Marcus Williams 9 mil and Chidobe Awuzie 3 mil than Peterson 12. If Peterson is just going to be barely above league average and is only likely to get worse, I would prefer to upgrade a different part of our roster. I mean fat Alshon Jeffrey just kicked his ass. I would be less frustrated if I was paying the dude taking the beating 4 mil instead of 13.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But that is the personal preference. I would rather give 12 mil to Brandon Sherff than Peterson. I would rather pay Marcus Williams 9 mil and Chidobe Awuzie 3 mil than Peterson 12. If Peterson is just going to be barely above league average and is only likely to get worse, I would prefer to upgrade a different part of our roster. I mean fat Alshon Jeffrey just kicked his ass. I would be less frustrated if I was paying the dude taking the beating 4 mil instead of 13.

Fair enough! :cheers:

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What the team was losing, seriously?
He used him for just 90 snaps all season preferring guys that I forgot even the names

This. I would tell my wife constantly, every time this guy is in the game he makes plays. Can't understand why he is never in there.
Vance has no clue about personnel usage. Same can be said about Simmons usage early on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You also can't say that we would have ever reached a Super Bowl or had any success during the Warner/Palmer years if it was not for Peterson who pretty much did shutdown half the field for the defense

you know why this is BS? Because Peterson NEVER PLAYED WITH WARNER.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A 1000x THIS.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well that sucks I was really hoping we'd have him to rush the passer.

Hope it's not serious would be great if we make the playoffs to get him back

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
no!!! not the Barbarian!!

any word of what the injury is? hopefully something he can recover 100% from

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge bummer.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably a strain that just causes him too much discomfort to play with.. but crappy he couldn't finish out a strong year with only a few games left. He'll be back ready to go next year.. Rest well gardecky!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
When a guy is able to produce and shine without being a high draft pick, it's often hard to accept because they really are far and few in between but we really found a pass rushing stud in Gardeck... this is really a huge blow to this defense and let's hope it's something which will not hamper him going into next season because his future looks bright

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Probably a strain that just causes him too much discomfort to play with.. but crappy he couldn't finish out a strong year with only a few games left. He'll be back ready to go next year.. Rest well gardecky!

He clutched it right away. I’m guessing a lesser ligament tear than the ACL or a meniscus.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson