Suns @ Grizzlies Sunday game thread 1-26-20

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Sunday the Suns play the second game of their three game road trip at Memphis before playing the Mavericks on Tuesday in Dallas.

Grizzlies (21-24) beat the Pistons in Detroit on Friday 125-112.

Suns (19-26) after beating the Spurs in San Antonio hope to keep their playoff hopes alive.

The game will be televised by FSAZ.

Start time is scheduled for 4 p.m. MST (Arizona time).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aron Baynes and Cam Johnson will be re-evaluated in a week.

@KellanOlson

Suns say both Aron Baynes (left hip soreness) and Cam Johnson (right quad contusion) will be re-evaluated in a week and have no timetable set for return.

1:47 PM · Jan 25, 2020 TweetDeck

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

@KellanOlson

Suns say both Aron Baynes (left hip soreness) and Cam Johnson (right quad contusion) will be re-evaluated in a week and have no timetable set for return.

1:47 PM · Jan 25, 2020 TweetDeck
Oy, not the best news that I want to hear, atm.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

@KellanOlson

1:47 PM · Jan 25, 2020

More dishonest crap from management, no different than what they pulled with Penny and then Amare, clearly hiding the seriousness of Baynes and Cam's injuries, going from day-to-day now to week-to-week, and James Jones continues to do nothing to replenish our roster.

And people on this board wonder why I am cynical when the Suns are cryptic with their injury reports.

Mark my words: Cam will not play in another game this season, and Baynes will not play in a Suns uniform ever again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oy, not the best news that I want to hear, atm.

Definitely not good news if the injuries are serious.

I wonder if a trade might be in the works that involves one or both?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More dishonest crap from management, no different than what they pulled with Penny and then Amare, clearly hiding the seriousness of Baynes and Cam's injuries, going from day-to-day now to week-to-week, and James Jones continues to do nothing to replenish our roster.

And people on this board wonder why I am cynical when the Suns are cryptic with their injury reports.

Mark my words: Cam will not play in another game this season, and Baynes will not play in a Suns uniform ever again.

Lol, marked.

You've whiffed on this type of nonsense twice already this season. And you wonder why everyone thinks your negativity boarders on delusion.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam definitely has me worried.

Should have had you worried when he was drafted. He had an injury history in college to go along with his athletic limitations.

Davon Reed part deux, only this time it was a Lottery pick, not a second round pick, that was wasted on a broken player who had borderline physical ability to start, where any injury renders him unable to compete at the NBA level.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baynes' hip is sore and Cam has a quad bruise. Nothing earth-shattering, just takes time. Cam's injury is the less worrisome of the two, but I am not worried about Baynes' either and I do not think it hurts his trade value at all--if we actually are thinking about trading him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. The question who is going to want to trade for our damaged goods?

In past years teams used to sit players pending trade. I'm not saying that is happening here though.

Simply a random thought.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In past years teams used to sit players pending trade. I'm not saying that is happening here though.

Simply a random thought.
They typically didn’t sit them for this long a period. Maybe a game or three. These are injuries plain and simple.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Baynes' hip is sore and Cam has a quad bruise. Nothing earth-shattering, just takes time. Cam's injury is the less worrisome of the two, but I am not worried about Baynes' either and I do not think it hurts his trade value at all--if we actually are thinking about trading him.
Baynes' ongoing sore hip at his age is of more concern than Cam's bruise.

Baynes has cost us a backup Center, which will eventually take its toll on a young Ayton. That is something to worry about.

The Suns are way past the point of a little :koolaid: and things will be fine. They're not fine! We deserve better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With Frank out for a prolonged time and baynes missing a lot of time I’m having difficulty understanding jones not going out to get another big.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
With Frank out for a prolonged time and baynes missing a lot of time I’m having difficulty understanding jones not going out to get another big.
I don't believe they have a roster spot. They had a two-way, but anyone worth anything wouldn't sign a two-way.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This would be a sweet gm to win considering Memphis playing well as late

As always need a huge gm from booker ayton and hope someone from the bench shows up. Maybe carter will show up since its his former team.

Go suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They typically didn’t sit them for this long a period. Maybe a game or three. These are injuries plain and simple.

The injuries are real enough. I was hoping with the Baynes rumors that there was a delay in his returning to action because of a trade.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They'd have to waive someone. I am guessing it would be Okobo, Carter, or Diallo. I am guessing that even if they make a trade, they'll end up in a similar situation.

Again, incredibly poor roster management by James Jones.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They'd have to waive someone. I am guessing it would be Okobo, Carter, or Diallo. I am guessing that even if they make a trade, they'll end up in a similar situation.

I want them to keep Carter. He's shown enough that he's worth a roster spot. Waiving Okobo and resigning him on a Two-Way deal might have been an option but since he's not making much, league minimum, he might not clear waivers. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried speaking with his agent about that and they weren't receptive.

I think they can get a disabled player exception right now. I don't mean the one for salary but the one that gives them a roster spot. Teams are now able to sign players to 10 day deals and the Suns could really use a big for 10 days, at least. If that player works out then they'll need to make room but the trade deadline is February 6th, they need to do something.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose