Kesean Johnson
Jordan Hicks
Byron Murphy
Chandler Jones
Zane Gonzalez

Negatives

The entire OL
The defense in general
David Johnson (lost his burst/elusiveness)
DJ Swearinger

Jury still out

Haason Reddick - playing better
Terrell Suggs - Up/down play. I am not seeing his Raven attitude out there.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, I’m glad I wasn’t on here for the Leinart/Warner show. The quality has went down dramatically since May.

The Warner/Leinart battle was brutal at times. I was at the 2007 game in Baltimore when Warner was inserted after the half & threw for almost 300 yards in a half. That was against the best D in the land. Leinart threw for about 45 yards in the 1st half & for anyone with a brain, it was obvious in what direction the Cardinals needed to move. I remember being roasted for emphatically saying that Warner should be our starter & that Leinart was too mopey to ever amount to anything. And, I for one, jumped around the house when we initially drafted Leinart. Watching his sullen attitude on the sideline during that Raven's game made me realize what a bust he actually was. It was a bittersweet day. Loved seeing Warner light up the Ravens, but also realizing that we DIDN'T have a QBOTF.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The games are watchable. The defense is still atrocious, but an atrocious offense makes the games unwatchable, especially with a bad QB. Don’t know how Bears fans do it every week.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The games are watchable. The defense is still atrocious, but an atrocious offense makes the games unwatchable, especially with a bad QB. Don’t know how Bears fans do it every week.

How do Bears fans live with the fact they chose Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes? Wow.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do Bears fans live with the fact they chose Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes? Wow.
See, I LOVED Mahomes pre-draft & guaranteed to all my friends that he was going to shed the “Texas Tech/Big 12 QBs can’t produce in the NFL” label. From the draft media’s perspective, I can see why the Bears passed on him. Cause of that label mentioned earlier. Going with Trubiscuit over Watson made no sense at the time though.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
See, I LOVED Mahomes pre-draft & guaranteed to all my friends that he was going to shed the “Texas Tech/Big 12 QBs can’t produce in the NFL” label. From the draft media’s perspective, I can see why the Bears passed on him. Cause of that label mentioned earlier. Going with Trubiscuit over Watson made no sense at the time though.

I loved both Watson & Mahomes also! I was so pissed that we didn’t end up with either. Watson is so talented, but the dude gets hit so hard & so frequently. I hope he figures out how to avoid some of that or his career will be shortened.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good positive post, as bad as we looked on offense in the 4th quarter yesterday, the Redskins look worse. They're supposed to have an "NFL" style offense & it ain't working either lol. Obviously I'm watching the Monday night football game right now. Our defense will be better when we get both starting CB's back, how much better, I don't really know? The OL is a major problem also, they didn't give KM much protection yesterday & that's sad considering the Panthers were getting all that pressure just rushing 4 guys. If I were KK, I'd start using a TE to help the weakest OT, chip block (helping) then release into the flat or down the seam?

Those jerks cost me my fantasy game. Had a 32 point lead he had Peterson and the Bears defense. And he had the lead before the first Q was over thanks to the pick six. Lost by 12 points thanks to the 5 turnovers.

I wonder is Haskins just not ready or did they not want to throw him in against the Bears because Keenum was awful last night, seemed like the perfect time to make a change beyond how good the Bears defense is.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Kyler is on pace for a 4,000 yards passing, 400 yards rushing, 20 TD, 15 INT season.

Fitz is on pace for 90 catches, 1250 yards, and 10 TDs.

Kirk is on pace for 100 catches and 1000 yards.

The team is averaging 21.3 points a game of offense. At this point last season, we had scored 20 points total.

Last year at this point, we had 396 yards of passing offense. We're at 731 now, nearly double.

We've rushed for 253 yards at 4.5 clip; last season was 175 at 3.6.

Defensively, we're worse, but I'm interested to see how we rebound once PP is back.
On pace for 84 sacks allowed and 16 interceptions and ZERO wins.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Miami picks Tua we will be in pole position for Andrew Thomas.

If we get the 1st pick again do we still go QB?

Am I alone in not thinking Tua is a lock? he's taller than Kyler but if you look at the numbers against decent teams, he was 6 TD 6 picks last year. I know that's supposed to be harder but his stats were really padded massively by games against totally overmatched opponents. He has lots of talent yes but I still see a guy who's probably shorter than listed, who has some issues. I am, not even certain he'll be the first pick in the draft.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
On pace for 84 sacks allowed and 16 interceptions and ZERO wins.

Randall Cunningham got sacked 72 times in 1986.
Deshaun Watson 62 times in 2018.

Kyler is going to get sacked behind this line but the main issue for me is eliminating the ones he can avoid. He see's pressure from the side and falls down vs stepping up/throwing it away. He also needs to throw it away when he is scrambling to the outside but can't make it to the LOS.

Some of these seem easy to change/eliminate. Some I am not so sure...haven't seen a QB go down that easy before.

Bottom line - I think this gets addressed and he won't be sacked 84 times.

FWIW - Kyler was sacked 18 times in 14 games last year at OU.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Randall Cunningham got sacked 72 times in 1986.
Deshaun Watson 62 times in 2018.

Kyler is going to get sacked behind this line but the main issue for me is eliminating the ones he can avoid. He see's pressure from the side and falls down vs stepping up/throwing it away. He also needs to throw it away when he is scrambling to the outside but can't make it to the LOS.

Some of these seem easy to change/eliminate. Some I am not so sure...haven't seen a QB go down that easy before.

Bottom line - I think this gets addressed and he won't be sacked 84 times.

FWIW - Kyler was sacked 18 times in 14 games last year at OU.

OU had the best OLine in the country last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Are you blind? This is just another example of the stupid comments that have made their way on this board. Understand, I'm not calling you stupid. Just that comment.
It's the same argument as this year with Rosen, though. If you have #1 AND there is a QB better than who you have now, don't you have to take him?

I'm personally not saying Tua or anyone else is better than Murray, because I haven't seen the other guys play much in college...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Aikmen was 1-15 in his rookie season & is in the HOF today.

Aikmen was a pedestrian qb, especially by today’s standards. He was a beneficiary of a very good team. He was not a transcendent talent. He’s another example of people thinking he’s good, because someone else said so.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's the same argument as this year with Rosen, though. If you have #1 AND there is a QB better than who you have now, don't you have to take him?

I'm personally not saying Tua or anyone else is better than Murray, because I haven't seen the other guys play much in college...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I love college football, so I do watch Alabama quite a bit. Tua is a great kid & very savvy. He's very accurate on the short throws, but his long release is troubling on the midrange & longer patterns. His average arm strength on the longer throws would concern me at the NFL level. High football IQ, or he wouldn't be playing for Saban. IMO, Murray was a significant upgrade over Rosen. I don't see Tua being an upgrade over K1.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Aikmen was a pedestrian qb, especially by today’s standards. He was a beneficiary of a very good team. He was not a transcendent talent. He’s another example of people thinking he’s good, because someone else said so.

I agree, but he wasn't being judged by today's standards. Yes, he had HOF'ers all around him, but he was cerebral & he did hoist up 3 Lombardi trophies. But, yes, statistically he was pedestrian.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Those jerks cost me my fantasy game. Had a 32 point lead he had Peterson and the Bears defense. And he had the lead before the first Q was over thanks to the pick six. Lost by 12 points thanks to the 5 turnovers.

I wonder is Haskins just not ready or did they not want to throw him in against the Bears because Keenum was awful last night, seemed like the perfect time to make a change beyond how good the Bears defense is.
Had they not started moving the ball, he would've came in imo.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I love college football, so I do watch Alabama quite a bit. Tua is a great kid & very savvy. He's very accurate on the short throws, but his long release is troubling on the midrange & longer patterns. His average arm strength on the longer throws would concern me at the NFL level. High football IQ, or he wouldn't be playing for Saban. IMO, Murray was a significant upgrade over Rosen. I don't see Tua being an upgrade over K1.

The best QB so far this year and potential new #1 pick is Jacob Eason. He has more of the prototype size and arm strength and has balled out this year. Miami may just want to fill seats and the excitement for Tua may do that but he hasn’t shown he is better than Eason this year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The best QB so far this year and potential new #1 pick is Jacob Eason. He has more of the prototype size and arm strength and has balled out this year. Miami may just want to fill seats and the excitement for Tua may do that but he hasn’t shown he is better than Eason this year.

I haven't watched Washington much this year. I'll make a point to do that. I'm sure the kid is very good.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He had a really awful game against the only conference opponent he has played so far.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Show me a single game where he single handily carried the team to a win. Rosen actually didn't play particularly well in any of the 3 wins (his numbers in the 3 wins were; 44-91 (48%), 571 yds (190 per game), 3 tds, 1 int).

The team in large part won in spite of his performance and not because of it. Of course you might be trying to make the point that Rosen should get the same treatment and to an extent you are right, but Murray has been better in his first 3 games than any 3 game stretch Rosen had last year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose