2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think he’s probably sacrificed a little speed to bulk up. Nothing significant and quite frankly I care more about some more natural padding than him having 4.3 speed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm "casting shade" because the kid did everything in the world to avoid any possible question marks about his personality. Sorry man, no free passes. The ones who stand up and demand attention are the leaders I want. Even Carson Palmer was a quieter guy, but he did everything it took.

Stop telling me I have to be a fan because he's our quarterback now. No I don't. I have stuck to facts. He did not participate in any major workouts, he quit on a baseball contract. Those are real, hard facts. He played one full season of college football... another fact. I will continue to beat this drum, and say I hope he proves me wrong.

Quit on a baseball contract?

You are being ridiculous.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You may never see it. You have exactly zero insight into his leadership beyond the positive comments from coaches and people that actually know him. Anything else at this point is conjecture.

And when someone use a phrase like “it’s not a problem yet” they are purposefully using a loaded phrase to cast question where none exists.

Your bias colors nearly every comment you make. Clear as day.

When a kid hasn’t been a problem. And there’s literally zero signs of that being the case. Why can’t we just say “everything points to him being a good man.” Even if we don’t believe he will succeed. No need to unnecessarily cast shade.

Some of your better work sir.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Quit on a baseball contract?

You are being ridiculous.
What else do you call it? He let the A's draft him, they let him play another sport, now they are totally burned on a #1 pick.

It’s beyond ridiculous. Transferring away from an idiot like Sumlin is actually my favorite thing people use against him. Like hundreds of athletes don’t transfer to other schools every year.
If the transfer were the only example, fine. But it's not.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
His dad doesn't have to be Lonzo Ball's dad to be a concerning father figure when it comes to Kyler's ability to make decisions for himself. One poster outright said that it was a positive his dad was coming to move to town with him, so Kyler wouldn't get himself into trouble... as if he was going to get into trouble without daddy around to give him a whuppin'.

I don't personally have any sound bites, but everything went Kyler's way in this situation. He didn't have to do anything besides one throwing session, and he got drafted #1 overall. If things were different, who knows?

This article is what makes me most fearful: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/16/k...ther-kevin-baseball-football-decision-oakland

Ridiculous. One throwing session? Have you watched his tape?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What else do you call it? He let the A's draft him, they let him play another sport, now they are totally burned on a #1 pick.

The As were stupid to draft him. Football was always his favorite sport.

He didnt quit if he didnt start. He never reported.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It’s beyond ridiculous. Transferring away from an idiot like Sumlin is actually my favorite thing people use against him. Like hundreds of athletes don’t transfer to other schools every year.

It's a lame argument. Literally every time there is a QB battle, 2-3 QBs on a college roster transfer.

Mayfield didnt have this used against him.

Murray Denial Derangement Club are next going to criticize his favorite combo meal at Jack in the Box.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

So quit using transferring against him like it’s some sort of character issue. There’s plenty of legitimate reasons to be skeptical about Murray but transferring away from a coach who has a history of high level recruits leaving isn’t one of them.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ridiculous. One throwing session? Have you watched his tape?
His tape has nothing to with not participating in any of the drills a normal #1 overall pick would be. Stop being ridiculous. And you already know I've watched the tape. I don't care about the tape when it's talking about his personality and ability to lead a team where they will be losing, and the talent will be subpar.

It's a lame argument. Literally every time there is a QB battle, 2-3 QBs on a college roster transfer.

Mayfield didnt have this used against him.

Murray Denial Derangement Club are next going to criticize his favorite combo meal at Jack in the Box.
Mayfield had all of this used against him. The difference is, he did everything under the sun to prove he had matured, and was the passionate leader/football player the team needed.

Very few other teams, if any, would have taken Kyler #1.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So quit using transferring against him like it’s some sort of character issue. There’s plenty of legitimate reasons to be skeptical about Murray but transferring away from a coach who has a history of high level recruits leaving isn’t one of them.
No, it's a puzzle piece in the big picture. Sorry. It's relevant to the overall story.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
No, it's a puzzle piece in the big picture. Sorry. It's relevant to the overall story.

You’ve gone from optimist to skeptical and you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel for anything to use against this kid.
He’s small for the position and only started a year are legitimate concerns. Transferring to a different school to get away from a coach who has a history of jerking players around is not. I’d think less of him if he stayed and played for that clown.
Sorry man but you’re so much better than that.

Last edited:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Apparently, people on here are blaming Sumlin for qb's play and transfer, etc.
I seem to remember that he was the coach of choice for most people on here for the ASU hire when Graham was hired by them.
What has happened to change people's opinion of him over the last few years, with his treatment of qb's? Seems he's getting blame now? Curious is all.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I seem to remember that he was the coach of choice for most people on here for the ASU hire when Graham was hired by them.
What has happened to change people's opinion of him over the last few years, with his treatment of qb's? Seems he's getting blame now? Curious is all.

I guess it has something to do with showing he’s actually a lousy head football coach.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Quits TAMU. Quits baseball. Tell me you're going to be wildly shocked when he decides he's not enjoying struggling to make 3rd place in the NFC West, getting smacked around, and leaves the NFL for it? If you think it's a baffling concept... then I dunno.
Have you bashing mayfield for leaving Texas tech too? I thinks there’s a lot of hypocrisy in your posts regarding Murray.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Have you bashing mayfield for leaving Texas tech too? I thinks there’s a lot of hypocrisy in your posts regarding Murray.
Again, it's part of the overall picture. I wouldn't give Murray any flack for it if there weren't some other questions regarding commitment. In a vacuum, it's no big deal.

Mayfield's experience is a little bit more understanding, and actually calls into question Kliff Kingsbury.

Anyways, I've never really said much of anything about Baker Mayfield. I didn't want him when he came into the draft, and I don't think he's a surefire superstar just yet.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
His tape has nothing to with not participating in any of the drills a normal #1 overall pick would be. Stop being ridiculous. And you already know I've watched the tape. I don't care about the tape when it's talking about his personality and ability to lead a team where they will be losing, and the talent will be subpar.

My point (which you clearly missed) is that you don't need workouts when you can see that he's pretty fricking awesome. I'm concerned about workouts for guys from smaller schools and guys that don't demonstrate elite talent.

Mayfield had all of this used against him. The difference is, he did everything under the sun to prove he had matured, and was the passionate leader/football player the team needed.

Very few other teams, if any, would have taken Kyler #1.

Did he? Proof? I've never seen one article lambasting Mayfield for transferring. Murray did what 100s of players throughout the NCAA do every year. Don't you find it peculiar that Murray AND Allen both transferred? Would you leave a job where your boss was constantly changing your work schedule without talking with you? I know what your answer is going to be, because you are literally reaching for ANYTHING to bash Murray about.

The fact of the matter is that every coach, teammate, opponent, and everyone else who encounters Murray vouches for him. You didn't hear Murray getting bashed on like Rosen got bashed on by Mora.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again, it's part of the overall picture. I wouldn't give Murray any flack for it if there weren't some other questions regarding commitment. In a vacuum, it's no big deal.

Mayfield's experience is a little bit more understanding, and actually calls into question Kliff Kingsbury.

Anyways, I've never really said much of anything about Baker Mayfield. I didn't want him when he came into the draft, and I don't think he's a surefire superstar just yet.

More understanding? He got outplayed by Davis Webb and whined and sulked and publicly called out Kingsbury. He was a DB about it. He QUIT on Texas Tech (using your own way of describing it) and showed the grace of Kanye West.

(I don't really think he quit; these kids have a limited window to audition for the NFL and they have to maximize that window. It's idiotic NOT to transfer.)

I wanted Mayfield, because he is a REALLY good football player, but it is obvious that he can be a real dick sometimes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

ASU fans wanted him BEFORE he went to TAMU. The luster of Kevin Sumlin disappeared once he showed how he would manage a bigger profile program, which is why he's now the head coach of the University of Northern Mexico in Tucson (UofA).

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My point (which you clearly missed) is that you don't need workouts when you can see that he's pretty fricking awesome. I'm concerned about workouts for guys from smaller schools and guys that don't demonstrate elite talent.

Did he? Proof? I've never seen one article lambasting Mayfield for transferring. Murray did what 100s of players throughout the NCAA do every year. Don't you find it peculiar that Murray AND Allen both transferred? Would you leave a job where your boss was constantly changing your work schedule without talking with you? I know what your answer is going to be, because you are literally reaching for ANYTHING to bash Murray about.

The fact of the matter is that every coach, teammate, opponent, and everyone else who encounters Murray vouches for him. You didn't hear Murray getting bashed on like Rosen got bashed on by Mora.
Your point is that 13 games of tape, with an elite team, is enough for you to be convinced that nothing else contributes to the success of a football player. We have tons of great tape on guys who ended up bombing in the NFL.

Proof that Mayfield did everything to prove he matured? He addressed his alcohol incident, he took part in every single drill... he put himself out there to be criticized, and won over an organization with four legitimate #1 overall options.

I'm not the only person raising an eyebrow at Kyler. It's pretty much everywhere. I've said time and time again, I don't think he's a bad person, there's just enough factors surrounding him that I have significant doubt he's going to be a transcendent player. You think he's going to be transcendent, I think he's going to be average.

We can keep fighting it, but that's where we're going to keep landing until games are played.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Your point is that 13 games of tape, with an elite team, is enough for you to be convinced that nothing else contributes to the success of a football player. We have tons of great tape on guys who ended up bombing in the NFL.

Proof that Mayfield did everything to prove he matured? He addressed his alcohol incident, he took part in every single drill... he put himself out there to be criticized, and won over an organization with four legitimate #1 overall options.

I'm not the only person raising an eyebrow at Kyler. It's pretty much everywhere. I've said time and time again, I don't think he's a bad person, there's just enough factors surrounding him that I have significant doubt he's going to be a transcendent player. You think he's going to be transcendent, I think he's going to be average.

We can keep fighting it, but that's where we're going to keep landing until games are played.

LOL average is an upgrade over Rosen :p

I don't think he CAN be average. He's either going to suck golfballs through garden hoses, or he's going to be really good.

I don't care about Mayfields alcohol incident, he's a kid and kids do things like that. What I cared about was the profanity laced tirades at opposing teams fans and his general assholishness. IMO Mayfield is going to continue being a dick because people are going to allow him to be a dick.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
More understanding? He got outplayed by Davis Webb and whined and sulked and publicly called out Kingsbury. He was a DB about it. He QUIT on Texas Tech (using your own way of describing it) and showed the grace of Kanye West.

(I don't really think he quit; these kids have a limited window to audition for the NFL and they have to maximize that window. It's idiotic NOT to transfer.)

I wanted Mayfield, because he is a REALLY good football player, but it is obvious that he can be a real dick sometimes.
Or, if you read his version of the events, he got hurt, Kliff ghosted him, and it led to a bunch of bad blood between the two, which led to his transfer. That's why I am a little more understanding - it sounds like KK messed it up.

In Kyler's case, if he was as "elite" as is being said, why didn't he win the competition for the role? Why didn't he keep the job after Allen's injury? Part of the bigger picture.

Good for him for wanting to play. Bad on him for also signing a contract with another sport and then backing out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard