2019 1st round pick is QB Kyler Murray

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His dad doesn't have to be Lonzo Ball's dad to be a concerning father figure when it comes to Kyler's ability to make decisions for himself. One poster outright said that it was a positive his dad was coming to move to town with him, so Kyler wouldn't get himself into trouble... as if he was going to get into trouble without daddy around to give him a whuppin'.

I don't personally have any sound bites, but everything went Kyler's way in this situation. He didn't have to do anything besides one throwing session, and he got drafted #1 overall. If things were different, who knows?

This article is what makes me most fearful: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/16/k...ther-kevin-baseball-football-decision-oakland
I fail to see how this is a negative? He has a strong bond with his father...and maybe that's his best friend. Would we have an issue with it if we knew it was a support system of good friends around him? I don't think so..

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I fail to see how this is a negative? He has a strong bond with his father...and maybe that's his best friend. Would we have an issue with it if we knew it was a support system of good friends around him? I don't think so..
I have no problem with being close with your dad.

It was the implication that Kyler couldn't be trusted to keep himself out of trouble without dad around that I had a problem with. Or if dad needs to make all of his decisions for him. I'm not saying that's the case yet.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It was the implication that Kyler couldn't be trusted to keep himself out of trouble without dad around that I had a problem with. Or if dad needs to make all of his decisions for him. I'm not saying that's the case yet.
which troubles?
his dad taught him being a professional type of player, a leader, a hard worker

he has been influenced by the father? yes
just a positive influence

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
which troubles?
his dad taught him being a professional type of player, a leader, a hard worker

he has been influenced by the father? yes
just a positive influence
Or dad has taught him for Kyler to do Kyler, and maximize his money. Which there isn't anything wrong with from a fatherly standpoint, but as the article says, Kyler looks to his dad to make the decisions.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dad is QB guru & probably around to get KM ready for training camp. Dont think its about keeping him out of trouble per say

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Dad is QB guru & probably around to get KM ready for training camp. Dont think its about keeping him out of trouble per say
I only brought up what another poster had said in another thread.

There's nothing to make me believe that Kyler's a bad apple when it comes to being a decent person who will stay out of trouble. I can't remember who posted it, but I'm hoping they didn't know something I don't.

I was a reasonably directionless 21 year old kid myself. It would have helped to have dad right there to point me in a direction, and man did he try... but there are wildly different expectations than an ASU grad with a 3.2 GPA, and a franchise QB with a 32 million dollar contract.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
His dad doesn't have to be Lonzo Ball's dad to be a concerning father figure when it comes to Kyler's ability to make decisions for himself. One poster outright said that it was a positive his dad was coming to move to town with him, so Kyler wouldn't get himself into trouble... as if he was going to get into trouble without daddy around to give him a whuppin'.

I don't personally have any sound bites, but everything went Kyler's way in this situation. He didn't have to do anything besides one throwing session, and he got drafted #1 overall. If things were different, who knows?

This article is what makes me most fearful: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/16/k...ther-kevin-baseball-football-decision-oakland

I'll grant you it's a slight concern at this point Solar7, but also fading.

Murray might even have a little less baggage than Mayfield. Wouldn't you agree sir?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'll grant you it's a slight concern at this point Solar7, but also fading.

Murray might even have a little less baggage than Mayfield. Wouldn't you agree sir?
I'll put them at about even. At least Mayfield is a passionate, outspoken leader. Maybe it's just who I knew in my football world growing up, but I'd rather have the guy who makes some mistakes and puts on a show than the quiet kid in the back.

Passion over athletic talent, if I were to pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Oh good grief bc a poster said it now you’re glomming onto that to detract from Murray? The lengths you guys are going to . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I only brought up what another poster had said in another thread.

There's nothing to make me believe that Kyler's a bad apple when it comes to being a decent person who will stay out of trouble. I can't remember who posted it, but I'm hoping they didn't know something I don't.

I was a reasonably directionless 21 year old kid myself. It would have helped to have dad right there to point me in a direction, and man did he try... but there are wildly different expectations than an ASU grad with a 3.2 GPA, and a franchise QB with a 32 million dollar contract.
You are now literally trying to will a negative into existence that has zero basis in anything related to kyler. This is the absurd moving to the sublime . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'll put them at about even. At least Mayfield is a passionate, outspoken leader. Maybe it's just who I knew in my football world growing up, but I'd rather have the guy who makes some mistakes and puts on a show than the quiet kid in the back.

Passion over athletic talent, if I were to pick.
Not in my world. The loudmouth athlete was the kid doing coke and ending up thinking more of himself than the team. The quiet leader ended up rallying the team.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Oh good grief bc a poster said it now you’re glomming onto that to detract from Murray? The lengths you guys are going to . . .
Ouchie, I laid it more defensively for Murray than I possibly could. I've been pretty warm to him. "I'm not saying that's the case yet" is pretty much all I can do to say I hope it's not a problem.

You are now literally trying to will a negative into existence that has zero basis in anything related to kyler. This is the absurd moving to the sublime . . .
Well, that's a post where I'm pretty much defending the kid, outside of what's said in the article I posted.

Not in my world. The loudmouth athlete was the kid doing coke and ending up thinking more of himself than the team. The quiet leader ended up rallying the team.
Are you calling Kyler a "quiet leader?" We'll see.

Listen man, I'm not the captain of the anti-Kyler club. I think it was the wrong pick. I am very skeptical. I'm going to keep asking the questions. I post here to talk about the pitfalls and possibilities. Let's hope he's a real leader. I don't see it yet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ouchie, I laid it more defensively for Murray than I possibly could. I've been pretty warm to him. "I'm not saying that's the case yet" is pretty much all I can do to say I hope it's not a problem.

Well, that's a post where I'm pretty much defending the kid, outside of what's said in the article I posted.

Listen man, I'm not the captain of the anti-Kyler club. I think it was the wrong pick. I am very skeptical. I'm going to keep asking the questions. I post here to talk about the pitfalls and possibilities. Let's hope he's a real leader. I don't see it yet.
You may never see it. You have exactly zero insight into his leadership beyond the positive comments from coaches and people that actually know him. Anything else at this point is conjecture.

And when someone use a phrase like “it’s not a problem yet” they are purposefully using a loaded phrase to cast question where none exists.

Your bias colors nearly every comment you make. Clear as day.

When a kid hasn’t been a problem. And there’s literally zero signs of that being the case. Why can’t we just say “everything points to him being a good man.” Even if we don’t believe he will succeed. No need to unnecessarily cast shade.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I was pro Rosen because of unknowns, hence a gamble on past smaller stature QBs but now that Kyler is a Cardinal I will look at what I know, what the Cardinals saw which prompted them to roll the dice on him. I know he has never been injured. I do not see anything on tape which says he is a not a good a QB or even not a great QB. The knock on Kyler is the unknown due to his size and it stops there for a majority of any proven flaws. Solar your concerns have yet to produce any actual facts. Give this a break till you have something to prove your conjectures is all I ask. I also would suggest to be a realist since all rookies struggle. The same breaks I gave Rosen I will give him. There is nothing on tape so far to warrant a constant attack on him and you have already made your opinion known... let's watch and see now because the Cardinals are saying he's the exception because they too have not seen any flaws on him

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You may never see it. You have exactly zero insight into his leadership beyond the positive comments from coaches and people that actually know him. Anything else at this point is conjecture.

And when someone use a phrase like “it’s not a problem yet” they are purposefully using a loaded phrase to cast question where none exists.

Your bias colors nearly every comment you make. Clear as day.

When a kid hasn’t been a problem. And there’s literally zero signs of that being the case. Why can’t we just say “everything points to him being a good man.” Even if we don’t believe he will succeed. No need to unnecessarily cast shade.
I'm "casting shade" because the kid did everything in the world to avoid any possible question marks about his personality. Sorry man, no free passes. The ones who stand up and demand attention are the leaders I want. Even Carson Palmer was a quieter guy, but he did everything it took.

I was pro Rosen because of unknowns, hence a gamble on past smaller stature QBs but now that Kyler is a Cardinal I will look at what I know, what the Cardinals saw which prompted them to roll the dice on him. I know he has never been injured. I do not see anything on tape which says he is a not a good a QB or even not a great QB. The knock on Kyler is the unknown due to his size and it stops there for a majority of any proven flaws. Solar your concerns have yet to produce any actual facts. Give this a break till you have something to prove your conjectures is all I ask. I also would suggest to be a realist since all rookies struggle. The same breaks I gave Rosen I will give him. There is nothing on tape so far to warrant a constant attack on him and you have already made your opinion known... let's watch and see now because the Cardinals are saying he's the exception because they too have not seen any flaws on him

Stop telling me I have to be a fan because he's our quarterback now. No I don't. I have stuck to facts. He did not participate in any major workouts, he quit on a baseball contract. Those are real, hard facts. He played one full season of college football... another fact. I will continue to beat this drum, and say I hope he proves me wrong.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm "casting shade" because the kid did everything in the world to avoid any possible question marks about his personality. Sorry man, no free passes. The ones who stand up and demand attention are the leaders I want. Even Carson Palmer was a quieter guy, but he did everything it took.

Stop telling me I have to be a fan because he's our quarterback now. No I don't. I have stuck to facts. He did not participate in any major workouts, he quit on a baseball contract. Those are real, hard facts. He played one full season of college football... another fact. I will continue to beat this drum, and say I hope he proves me wrong.
I love that him “quitting on a baseball contract” is a negative. He literally couldn’t play football if he didn’t. And what kid in his right mind doesn’t sign that baseball contract the year before he gets a real shot at playing football? You’re cracking me up with your reaches.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I love that him “quitting on a baseball contract” is a negative. He literally couldn’t play football if he didn’t. And what kid in his right mind doesn’t sign that baseball contract the year before he gets a real shot at playing football? You’re cracking me up with your reaches.
Quits TAMU. Quits baseball. Tell me you're going to be wildly shocked when he decides he's not enjoying struggling to make 3rd place in the NFC West, getting smacked around, and leaves the NFL for it? If you think it's a baffling concept... then I dunno.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Quits TAMU. Quits baseball. Tell me you're going to be wildly shocked when he decides he's not enjoying struggling to make 3rd place in the NFC West, getting smacked around, and leaves the NFL for it? If you think it's a baffling concept... then I dunno.

Considering the amount of quarterbacks who transferred away from Kevin Sumlin at TAM I’d say he obviously made the correct decision. It’s fair to assume that Sumlin is the problem.

https://gigemgazette.com/2017/09/17/texas-football-kevin-sumlins-quarterback-issues/

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Hoping he proves you wrong means you must be rooting for him and that makes you a fan of his whether you like it or not lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard