Tired of all these people who are negative

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ultimate decision the Cardinals made was not rocket science.

No, it was a crapshoot. One that often flames out disastrously. It's okay to be critical and remain a fan. Here's hoping the team proves us naysayers - and the entire history of the National Football League - wrong.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It is what it is. But I'm going to reserve my right to be negative until I can see even a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Until then, no, I'm going to continue to be skeptical.

It honestly won't take much to make me way more positive, but I can't shake this sinking feeling that we have bought way too much into gimmicks.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
To the OP, not only should you get over being tired of hearing it you better get used to it because every single one of us on this board at some time or another is negative about this team, that's the Cardinal way LOL so just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride cuz they'll be many ups and downs cheering for this team on this board haha

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No, it was a crapshoot. One that often flames out disastrously. It's okay to be critical and remain a fan. Here's hoping the team proves us naysayers - and the entire history of the National Football League - wrong.

The history comment is quite myopic.

Short QBs havent succeeded because they havent been given much of a chance.

Small sample size. I can easily flip the argument (fallaciously) that short QBs are MORE successful.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Wonderboy at QB and KK MR Innovation as HC then nothing less than 10-6 is a failure.After all the Cards drafted "MR Transcendent' who won`t be tackled or throw a interception ".

We could have drafted the second coming of John Elway and I wouldn't like our chances of 10 - 6.

I don't have my mind made up on Murray but I thought it was a very low percentage pick and that's without considering that making it devalued our first round prize from the year before. It may turn out to be a great decision but if ever there was a time to be risk averse, it was with this pick IMO.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Just because someone does not like the Murray pick for reasons stated many times previously that doesn't make one less of a fan.Every one is not a sunshine pumper or Murray fan.SK has done okay with his other picks IMO and I hope he can continue today.That said him and KK did Rosen wrong but that's over now.After 50 plus years of being a fan I never expect to be happy completely about how the Cards draft .It is what it is.
Cant Stand Murray Ok there zI Have said it the quicker he leaves the better for me

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The history comment is quite myopic.

Short QBs havent succeeded because they havent been given much of a chance.

Small sample size. I can easily flip the argument (fallaciously) that short QBs are MORE successful.
I'm still not buying this. If short QBs nail it in practice, they'll get their chance on the field. This isn't a conspiracy theory where short people are getting Shanghai'd even though they're great at what they do. The only place that happens is Tinder.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When 68% of all active players in the NFL were drafted in the 3rd round or later, every pick in the first round is a crapshoot. I can understand being upset with the lost draft capital it took to get Rosen. What I don't understand is people who think just because they sunk that capital into Rosen that the team somehow should stay down that path, even if they believe there is a better path. It doesn't make sense. Just doesn't. And anyone who claims that Rosen is going to be special is just making a claim based on hopes and dreams. Kingsbury is making a decision based on the facts and experience he has with Kyler. I will take that, no matter the outcome, over crossing fingers hoping a guy who was meh in college and terrible in his rookie season, but hey he can take a hit, ever makes it.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I have to laugh at some of the comments by some of us. I guess being a Cardinal fan leads to full fledged masochism. Rosen was no doubt placed in a difficult spot playing under last year's circumstances. But let's not kid ourselves, he certainly did contribute to the mess also. Why is it though that some on this board believe that just because we drafted this kid a year ago, we then have to absorb that mistake for years to come. If Rosen was truly as good as most of us thought he was when we drafted him, we would have won 5-6 games & he'd still be our QBOF. When you come in DEAD last in the business world, expect changes to be made. Picking 1st overall meant we could upgrade the most important position on the field. And that's exactly what we did. We DON'T owe Rosen anything, and we certainly didn't do him wrong. Those pining & whining on his behalf nauseate me. That's the point that Smith Sr. was making. There are no guarantees in life & no guarantees on the football field. Each and every year someone is coming after your job. Be a man & protect it. Rosen has moved on & this will be a lesson in life for him. He's skilled enough to have a decent career & I hope he does. But, I for one, will NOT criticize the Cardinal's FO for what had to happen.
Dont care so much about Rosen personally but from I've read in here and other places he did everything a QB could and the way this stupid bunch of idiots and the coach did was Flat out Wrong No Wonder this Organization Sucks not the team but the Coaches and Front Office

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dont care so much about Rosen personally but from I've read in here and other places he did everything a QB could and the way this stupid bunch of idiots and the coach did was Flat out Wrong No Wonder this Organization Sucks not the team but the Coaches and Front Office
This isn't Pop Warner. You don't get to play based on being a good ra ra guy. You have to produce. Kliff thinks Kyler has more upside in his system. End of story. Time to get over it dude.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He did everything a QB could do, except play well & win. FO did what they’re paid to do. Rosen walks away with $10,000,000 in his bank account. I wish my former employer treated me so poorly.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
He did everything a QB could do, except play well & win. FO did what they’re paid to do. Rosen walks away with $10,000,000 in his bank account. I wish my former employer treated me so poorly.
Not bout the money per say (although its nice) its the principle would you like it if your boss did that to you

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If only it were so straight forward. Clearly the O'line was terrible and weapons were almost non existent. Could a good NFL QB have done better? Maybe, but it would be hard to imagine pretty much anyone being successful with that staff and roster around them. Otherwise I agree that he didn't particularly do anything that warranted unwavering loyalty, but whether or not that was his fault is up for debate.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If only it were so straight forward. Clearly the O'line was terrible and weapons were almost non existent. Could a good NFL QB have done better? Maybe, but it would be hard to imagine pretty much anyone being successful with that staff and roster around them. Otherwise I agree that he didn't particularly do anything that warranted unwavering loyalty, but whether or not that was his fault is up for debate.

I hate that this is still being discussed and I hate it even more that I continue to contribute but...

...Rosen did not have a single game where anyone could objectively say "Ok, I think we have something to work with here." A good QB would have raised the play of those around him and possibly get another win or two. He was, apparently, so ineffective in the minds of the Cardinals braintrust (term used very loosely and inaccurately) they had to draft Murray.

You can point to things the other 4 first round picks did last year and have confidence that things are on the right track...not with Rosen.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I hate that this is still being discussed and I hate it even more that I continue to contribute but...

...Rosen did not have a single game where anyone could objectively say "Ok, I think we have something to work with here." A good QB would have raised the play of those around him and possibly get another win or two. He was, apparently, so ineffective in the minds of the Cardinals braintrust (term used very loosely and inaccurately) they had to draft Murray.

You can point to things the other 4 first round picks did last year and have confidence that things are on the right track...not with Rosen.

None of those guys were put in a nearly as poopy of an overall situation as Rosen either. Of course it is possible that part of the reason that Rosen didn't look better was Rosen himself, but anyone is going to struggle mightily when they have no time to throw and guys are dropping passes. That being said the Cardinals were moving in an all new direction from last year and had possibly the perfect QB fit available in this draft with Murray. So it was well within their right to make the move that they made. I just wish they were more decisive about it and maybe got more for Rosen while they actually had some leverage left.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Amen. Very good post. When the season ended, I was very much in the pro Rosen camp. I used every excuse in the book to justify to myself that it wasn’t Josh’s fault. When I went back & rewatched the games, I started to 2nd guess myself. Then we hired KK, and then KM announced the very next day. After watching every KM tape I could get my hands on, I finally came to grips with the 1st overall pick just had to be Murray. I’m done with 8-8, 9-7. I’m even done with getting to the NFC championship game only to get embarrassed. Murray gives us the best chance at being GREAT. And at my age, I only want to see GREAT.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
None of those guys were put in a nearly as ****** of an overall situation as Rosen either. Of course it is possible that part of the reason that Rosen didn't look better was Rosen himself, but anyone is going to struggle mightily when they have no time to throw and guys are dropping passes. That being said the Cardinals were moving in an all new direction from last year and had possibly the perfect QB fit available in this draft with Murray. So it was well within their right to make the move that they made. I just wish they were more decisive about it and maybe got more for Rosen while they actually had some leverage left.

I like your post, but once we drafted Rosen, we never had leverage. And understand, drafting Rosen was the RIGHT thing to do. The way I see it, we are fortunate that we got what we did from the Dolphins. Kudos to Keim for even getting that!!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I like your post, but once we drafted Rosen, we never had leverage. And understand, drafting Rosen was the RIGHT thing to do. The way I see it, we are fortunate that we got what we did from the Dolphins. Kudos to Keim for even getting that!!
There was absolutely more leverage before the draft. Once we drafted Murray we lost any leverage that we could have possibly had. Now maybe the market wasn't as strong as many of us thought it was, but I feel pretty confident that we ended up with less than we would have gotten prior to the draft.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Credit to keim, he did learn from his mistakes, and getting great value with all of his picks

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to laugh at some of the comments by some of us. I guess being a Cardinal fan leads to full fledged masochism.
I went into Helga's House of Pain one day and they asked me what kind of pain I was into. I told them I was an Arizona Cardinals fan. They threw me out saying that there was no way they could inflict that kind of pain on another human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went into Helga's House of Pain one day and they asked me what kind of pain I was into. I told them I was an Arizona Cardinals fan. They threw me out saying that there was no way they could inflict that kind of pain on another human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO. So true. I remember a game back in 1967 when the Cardinals were playing the Packers. This was before Monday Night Football, but it definitely was a Monday night game. I was like 9 & my Mom wouldn’t let me stay up to watch. On the side, my Dad promised he would wake me up when my Mom went to bed to watch the game with him. The Cardinals played well, but did manage to blow the game. My Dad never woke me up, so I was fuming mad in the morning. My Dad nonchalantly explained to me that I was sleeping so comfortably that he didn’t want to wake me and expose me to such pain. As a Cardinal fan, it didn’t take me long to realize how right he was.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
LMAO. So true. I remember a game back in 1967 when the Cardinals were playing the Packers. This was before Monday Night Football, but it definitely was a Monday night game. I was like 9 & my Mom wouldn’t let me stay up to watch. On the side, my Dad promised he would wake me up when my Mom went to bed to watch the game with him. The Cardinals played well, but did manage to blow the game. My Dad never woke me up, so I was fuming mad in the morning. My Dad nonchalantly explained to me that I was sleeping so comfortably that he didn’t want to wake me and expose me to such pain. As a Cardinal fan, it didn’t take me long to realize how right he was.
Been there done that and most likely will do it again just cant seem to break from this damn team No Matter How mad they Make me and Lord Knows they've done a Hell of a lot over the years