Sunday divisional games

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Embarrassing performance by the Chargers. Ravens would give the Pats a better game.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Feel like that whole division has been in the tank for New England. 3 of the 4 teams always in rebuild mode.

Pats have won that division 10 straight years.

And yet the Pats are still kicking everyone's ass outside their division. Amazing what they have done.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So bored with the Patriots, but I don't care for the Chargers either. Their move to LA is a joke. The city doesn't want them, they've basically been rejected and I expect they'll move again within 10 years.

Paying the Rams rent to sell tickets to like 10k season ticket holders and 40k opposing fans each week will take a toll fast.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Don’t know why they the Chargers moved to L.A., they are like a team without a home. Should haved moved to a city that really want a NFL team.

They should go back to San Diego. They don’t need a new stadium, which was their only reason for moving to L.A.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has there been a team in any league in any sport that has had a run like this? 21 of 24 winning seasons(only 2 losing season), 19 years in the playoffs out of those 24 years, 9 straight years winning 11 or more games, 8 straight trips to the conference championship game and 14 trips to the conference championship game. I think the closest would have to be the Yankees who haven't had a losing season since 1991.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Has there been a team in any league in any sport that has had a run like this? 21 of 24 winning seasons(only 2 losing season), 19 years in the playoffs out of those 24 years, 9 straight years winning 11 or more games, 8 straight trips to the conference championship game and 14 trips to the conference championship game. I think the closest would have to be the Yankees who haven't had a losing season since 1991.
Yes there has, in the same city no less. The Boston Celtics.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Spurs. 21 years in a row in playoffs and 5 rings in Pop era.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Not a Pats fan but can't deny they have a great org. BB and co almost always find a way to succeed each year. One of the most telling things is how much they get out of players who aren't thought of as stars (at least until they played there) and how well they are at identifying talent.

This is why I had been fantasizing that JMD would be our next HC. Up until he started getting legit mentions for HC vacancies I would have said there was zero chance he would leave NE and if he did he wouldn't start negotiating until after the playoffs. Looks like him leaving is still near zero despite all the earlier rumors but who knows.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Bill B is 66. I would imagine he retires with Brady but who knows when that will be.

McDaniels is probably in line to replace BB but doesn't want to keep waiting.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a Pats fan but can't deny they have a great org. BB and co almost always find a way to succeed each year. One of the most telling things is how much they get out of players who aren't thought of as stars (at least until they played there) and how well they are at identifying talent.

This is why I had been fantasizing that JMD would be our next HC. Up until he started getting legit mentions for HC vacancies I would have said there was zero chance he would leave NE and if he did he wouldn't start negotiating until after the playoffs. Looks like him leaving is still near zero despite all the earlier rumors but who knows.
Their success is unheard of in football, especially in the era of free agency and the salary cap. Ever notice they're never over the cap nor do they ever struggle? Their entire team save for Brady has flipped several times. Ever notice that nobody, coaches included, leaves the Patriots and have the same type of success?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson