John Brown - more bad stuff

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All these sorry former Cardinal players coming out of the wood work to slam the organization is hilarious. I'm not saying it's not warranted but I take very little value in what John Brown, TM, or Chris Johnson have to say. All salty little *******.

I bet you could find a dozen ex-players from ANY team/GM that would trash them if they were down.

The NFL is a cutthroat business. EVERY TEAM/GM is that way.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll just say this. Look above Keim to see where problem may be.

I've heard from more than 1 person in the NFL that MB is "crazy" to work for. TFWIW.

I wouldn't doubt that. The Curtain has been pulled back some from him.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Smoke was/is obviously a sensitive young man. BA publically called him out, like he was prone to, and it hurt his feelings I guess.

No fan knows what goes on behind the scenes but it was, apparently, not warm and fuzzy for Smoke. He's moved on and doing well, he should probably just enjoy that and forget his time here.

He got paid some good cash too.
My late uncle was an iron worker. His union business agent once played for the Packers under Lombardi. Now this guy was about 6'3" and about 220lbs(middle aged at the time) and he said that Lombardi once made him cry. Times have changed I guess.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree it's total BS. He didn't actually say anything. If you're gonna come out with it, come out with it otherwise just sit down John...

Who treated you badly? Keim? Did you ever file a grievance with the players union? Like what's the point of him coming out and piling on this dumpster fire if he's not going to elaborate? Just seems like sour grapes to me and he's enjoying the fact that he's doing well and we are not. So he puts out this non-specific criticism that just makes us look even worse but suddenly he's too 'classy' to elaborate.

BA loved Smoke he beamed about him constantly. He would have played him every down but the guy could not stay healthy. If it was Keim who was bad to him why not elaborate and give us more reason to fire him.

and what exactly was teh value to the Card to treat Brown badly so he'd sit for most of the 2 years he's complaining about? We were, we thought, an SB contender, what exactly did we gain by treating him badly so he didn't play?

Brown's beef seems to be he thought the problem was the cyst on his spine, not the sickle cell trait. Already been pointed out they drained the cyst BEFORE last season and he still couldn't stay healthy. I love the guy but it sure sounds like the altitude and weather in Arizona exacerbated his issue, and it's better in Baltimore.

If he was treated badly by Keim etc ok, explain what happened don't just do this if you knew what I knew stuff.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
and what exactly was teh value to the Card to treat Brown badly so he'd sit for most of the 2 years he's complaining about? We were, we thought, an SB contender, what exactly did we gain by treating him badly so he didn't play?

Brown's beef seems to be he thought the problem was the cyst on his spine, not the sickle cell trait. Already been pointed out they drained the cyst BEFORE last season and he still couldn't stay healthy. I love the guy but it sure sounds like the altitude and weather in Arizona exacerbated his issue, and it's better in Baltimore.

If he was treated badly by Keim etc ok, explain what happened don't just do this if you knew what I knew stuff.

he is gonna get a shock when full on winter hits Baltimore. sickle cell reacts badly to extreme temps... it was heat in az...gonna be cold in baltimore,..and for whatever reason cold affects sickle cell more than heat does....he may not be as effective come playoff time.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
CJ and JB were paid handsomely? Are you kidding? CJ was on one years and JB was making 3rd round rookie contracts. And when it was time to pay HB handsomely, we cut his ass.

But REGARDLESS of ANY of that, do you really think NFL players are going to look at any of their contracts or their injuries and say... boy, those guys have no reason to complain? You're flat out insane if you think that and don't just take the word of their boys who think they got treated like crap.

But keep telling yourself that multiple NFL players trashing the team really doesn't matter... especially when a bunch of them are having success this year AWAY from this dumpster fire.
HB was given a contract extension within weeks/months of blowing out his knee.

Any NFL contract is being paid handsomely! Especially when you're not healthy enough to play, but healthy enough to cash checks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I wished John Brown well at one point.

Now ? I hope he gets hurt and sees what other team's patience levels are with him.

Sour grapes.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Yeah okay. Now that the team is struggling mightily we have all these "reports" coming out. 3-4 years ago we were the talk of the NFL.
Ok, you’re right. You got me. I made it all up.

You do realize there is public persona and real life persona?

I don’t know MB at alll. Just telling what was shared with me. Believe it, or not, what do I care?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Wish I had some details but don't. It'd be all speculative on my part. I was at a get together with some NFL scouts, execs, etc, and didn't think it was right to press for details.

All I can say, it was mainly from some people who work for the Giants.
Bettcher must be their source.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've heard grumblings from RBs like Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson when they left...maybe Keim and his staff are worse than we thought from a player's perspective?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I thought God told JB to just shut up.

So naturally he decides to speak up again remind everyone of that.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
interesting: Brown felt treated badly by a players coach- Bruce Arians

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Personally, I find it weird that John Brown couldn't find his way out of the trainers room for two years and now that he is in Baltimore, he is having no issues. Very strange.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But surely you can't blame the FO for not knowing the future??
Uh you realize that’s exactly what the FO is supposed to do, right? Accurately project who is going to be good and who not for the right $$$?

If not, why not just pay my 8 year old to do the job? He likes football.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Any NFL contract is being paid handsomely! Especially when you're not healthy enough to play, but healthy enough to cash checks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Not a single professional athlete thinks this.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How much Cap space do we have?

More than enough for Keim to make his "special" 1 year prove it deals, to possibly mask
Didn’t JB come out earlier this year and say the Arizona heat/climate made his condition much more difficult to manage? If true, I imagine the Cards would have known this as well and felt it was in the best interest of BOTH parties to move on?

I think we’re all happy JB has found success because he’s extremely talented and by all accounts is a good kid. But at the end of the day he couldn’t stay healthy here in AZ. Not sure what went on behind the scenes from a medical or work environment perspective, but I can’t fault either side on this one.

I remember reading up on Sickle cell disease when JB was diagnosed... Wind speed, and low humidity seemed to be contributing factors for people afflicted.
Uh you realize that’s exactly what the FO is supposed to do, right? Accurately project who is going to be good and who not for the right $$$?

If not, why not just pay my 8 year old to do the job? He likes football.

Ok, so you...as a GM, pay enormous contracts for HB and JB, given their history of not being able to play??

I would seriously cast my vote for you as new GM if I had one... If for no other reason, MAYBE you're luckier... and hopefully smart enough to call for a ride if you're wasted.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the front office in way,shape or form... But the examples given in this thread, were crap-shoots that most GM's would have balked at.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
More than enough for Keim to make his "special" 1 year prove it deals, to possibly mask

I remember reading up on Sickle cell disease when JB was diagnosed... Wind speed, and low humidity seemed to be contributing factors for people afflicted.

Ok, so you...as a GM, pay enormous contracts for HB and JB, given their history of not being able to play??

I would seriously cast my vote for you as new GM if I had one... If for no other reason, MAYBE you're luckier... and hopefully smart enough to call for a ride if you're wasted.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the front office in way,shape or form... But the examples given in this thread, were crap-shoots that most GM's would have balked at.
I haven’t spent my career in football. I’m not paid to be an expert. Keim is.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard to believe this thread is 7 pages long:( It's obvious that we are now a dysfunctional franchise & things have to change. John Brown is no longer a Cardinal, so he's dead to me. Let's move on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn