Miller once again does it again!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Remember when Greg Hansen said that Miller would never be able to recruit at a high level ever again? He landed the two top PGs in the west in a matter of 4 months.

Stay hacking, Greg.

Phoenix radio can’t get enough of his BS.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Phoenix radio can’t get enough of his BS.

Because it appeases their asu fan base to hear someone from Tucson ransack the program. Even Jody Oheler has become unlistenable because he always slanders the program.

I turn them off every time they start talking college sports; UofA, asu, or anyone else.

TJ

Reaction score
Interesting... but still not definitive. Crossing fingers on this one.

When Evan, Gershon and Scheer drop a prediction, it’s a sure thing

Plus, It’s all over the premium MBs for both Arizona and UNC.

The question now is: can we convince Terry Armstrong to join him?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
he might know something...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sheer just said on the radio he believes Green will pick the UofA. He also said Miller is going after Armstrong with the last scholarship.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Sheer just said on the radio he believes Green will pick the UofA. He also said Miller is going after Armstrong with the last scholarship.

If Arizona can land Green and one of Armstrong/Nnaji they would have a top-3 class along with USC and Louisville. The main three teams named in the FBI report. :lol:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Arizona can land Green and one of Armstrong/Nnaji they would have a top-3 class along with USC and Louisville. The main three teams named in the FBI report. :lol:

He just got Green so he's nearly there.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He just got Green so he's nearly there.

Indeed. Do they have more than one scholarship left for 2019? I think they have a good shot with Armstrong, but in my opinion they need a power forward much more. As of the 2019-20 season, the only potential front court players left on the roster are Chase Jeter, Ira Lee and Omar Thielemans, with only Christian Koloko coming in. Meanwhile, potential wings/guards include Green, Mannion, Akot, Williams, Doutrive, Smith, Randolph and Barcello (though I would expect at least one if not two or three of those to transfer, which could leave one or more spots open for some front court help).

TJ

Reaction score
Indeed. Do they have more than one scholarship left for 2019? I think they have a good shot with Armstrong, but in my opinion they need a power forward much more. As of the 2019-20 season, the only potential front court players left on the roster are Chase Jeter, Ira Lee and Omar Thielemans, with only Christian Koloko coming in. Meanwhile, potential wings/guards include Green, Mannion, Akot, Williams, Doutrive, Smith, Randolph and Barcello (though I would expect at least one if not two or three of those to transfer, which could leave one or more spots open for some front court help).

Arizona is aiming for signing 5-6 players this year. Remember, Miller is going to a more guard-oriented lineup, so the presence of bigs isn't as profound as it was in seasons prior.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Arizona is aiming for signing 5-6 players this year. Remember, Miller is going to a more guard-oriented lineup, so the presence of bigs isn't as profound as it was in seasons prior.

It sounds like Armstrong doesn’t have any reservation playing with Green and it’s likely he’s AZ bound.

Somethings go to give though unless Randolph or Akot goes to the NBA

Mannion
Williams
Green
Randolph
Barcello
Doutrive
Armstrong

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Give miller mad props. I feared the stain would be too difficult overcome. This class is masterful.

TJ

Reaction score
Give miller mad props. I feared the stain would be too difficult overcome. This class is masterful.

Penn State was marred in what had to have been the worst scandal I've ever heard of in college sports, and now they're constantly hauling in top-flight talent.

USC's football program was ransacked by Reggie Bush and is back to picking up a grip of 5-Star prospects each season

It proves that if you're a brand name, you can rebound from anything. Arizona is a brand name basketball program, and the response after the FBI allegations is proof of this.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Truly remarkable to get Green away from UNC the same day Bowen Sr testifies about the schools that offered money to get his son’s commitment. Pasternak was implicated but no real proof and Bowen ended up at LOU anyway. Bowen also indicated other schools not mentioned in the initial report so this probe is going to get larger with more schools the longer it goes on.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bowen Sr is under oath but he’s not lying if he just stating what he heard. It sounds like Dawkins has quite the imagination. A $100k offer from Creighton?

TJ

Reaction score
Bowen Sr is under oath but he’s not lying if he just stating what he heard. It sounds like Dawkins has quite the imagination. A $100k offer from Creighton?
That’s shady. Sounds more like Dawkins et al could’ve gone to a recruiting site, saw which teams were trending for certain players, and just started making up numbers.

Dawkins and Gatto have no credibility, whatsoever

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s shady. Sounds more like Dawkins et al could’ve gone to a recruiting site, saw which teams were trending for certain players, and just started making up numbers.

Dawkins and Gatto have no credibility, whatsoever

So to be clear, your stance is every allegation against Arizona is fake, and yet they fired Book?

I can see Dawkins exaggerated, but you can't tell me he got cash for Bowen, Sexton, Little, Quinerly and Cherry by simply lying and telling everyone involved that someone else was offering cash. That might work once, it's not going to work FIVE times in one recruiting year with 5 of the elite recruits in the country. Coaches talk, they would figure out that scheme pretty quickly. Dawkins was their worst nightmare because he had access to kids, and he was more than willing to exploit schools willing to pay for recruits, and he was way too open about it and got caught in the FBI sting.

I don't think any of the coaches should go to jail over this.

I don't see why Bowen would be lying he already got his deal, he has no reason to lie about anything, in fact he has every reason NOT to lie, if he starts lying now his deal will go away.

Gatto is trying to show that everyone paid, the schools were involved and knew, so the schools are not a victim, and therefore there's no federal crime. So Gatto DOES have incentive to lie, throw more schools under the bus to create that perception. He's already admitted he paid lots of players, why would he lie under oath about that if his entire defense is NCAA rules are NOT federal crimes? He doesn't need to make up names and schools to make it look more obvious.

You have to consider motive here, his motive is everyone did it, nobody got defrauded so it's not a crime. He doesn't need to lie under oath to establish that, we all know kids get paid, the only real question is were the schools complicit, or victims, I think it's ridiculous to suggest schools don't know kids are getting paid.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The guy who made the offer is his childhood friend. And that's not even a top offer he got 200K from DePaul, 150K from Ok State. Creighton offered him a job too the dad says.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard