Cardinals' 1st Pick: Your Prediction?

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
My hunches?

Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson. The Dabo connection and the fact that Jordan Palmer has been his QB training coach. I think that the Cardinals are fascinated with Patrick Mahomes, but, they love Watson's ability to win big games under the brightest lights.

If the pick is not a QB?

Kevin King, CB/S, Washington. I think that King is exactly the kind of DB the Cardinals want to acquire. He has the desired length, speed and playmaking ability. Plus, he can play FS in sub packages, if necessary. He is a faster, taller and more productive version of Marcus Cooper.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have zero feel for this draft... but I hope it isn't Kevin King.... love the kid, been on his bandwagon for months.... but he is not a first round talent...definitely not at 13....maybe at 31 if a team loves him enough to take a reach...
I like Watson but the ball velocity thing bothers me,...it does not fit well in the nfl... but the kid does find ways to win in the clutch...I would just prefer a qb who didn't put us in a clutch in the first place.

Reddick for defense..
OJ Howard for offense............. not my choices, but what I think the Cards will do.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a number of scenarios depending on who's available at 13. I'd love Deshaun Watson but I'm not sure he's a BA type QB. If MaCaffrey is there, do we let him slip? King is a dynamic DB who can start yesterday so he's a strong possibility. But as Oaken said, I have zero feel here because there's so many places we can go. The bad thing is, judging by BASK's past first round picks, I'm a little worried they'll take the wrong player.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Reddick or a CB/FS. Depends on who is left on the board after the first 12 before the Cardinals select. It's possible Reddick is gone by #13. If he is then definitely a CB/FS.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As I posted for OhCrap's contest, I believe the team will go with an ILB in the first. Foster if available and Reddick if Foster is not available. However, that's how I think it will go at #13. My HOPE is that Watson is the pick. BA talks leadership skills, and it seems that Watson (and Foster) has them.

I forgot to add that, imo, Watson is the ONLY QB (of the top four), that the team would take at 13.

Last edited:

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I only think we trade up to 9 is Adams is still available

At 13, we take Foster, assuming both Adams and Hooker are gone. If Foster is gone, we try and trade down.

If we can't trade down and the three above are gone, we take Mahomes, then Reddick.

If we trade down, we take Mahomes; if he is not available, but Reddick is, we take Reddick. If both gone, I doubt CB; it will likely be a player that has to develop that they really like, so a typical Cardinals pick. Nothing would surprise me at 18 or lower at that point since we have another 3rd round pick from the trade.

So I think Adams, Hooker, Foster are the 3 they would really want; then Mahomes and Reddick - not certain how they value these two relative to one another though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man everyone keeps talking about reddick as an ilb but he's not. He's a projected converted ilb. And as talented as he may be, that's a lot of speculation for a first round pick. I understand high upside but man that's a gamble.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Howard if there. Perfect fitz replacement and with focus on DJ he can help block.

Ugh I just see cards going defense unless they trade down and select a QB.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I believe the media, I will go with Reddick or Mahomes.

I have a gut feeling that BA has been blowing smoke about QB's to force others to trade up. He also said they won't take a WR... I'm going with Mike Williams or Corey Davis.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Going off the Mayock draft I think they pick Malik Hooker if he's there. Foster and Reddick are the other two. I would love to have Corey Davis as the pick but I doubt he will be.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I have zero feel for this draft... but I hope it isn't Kevin King.... love the kid, been on his bandwagon for months.... but he is not a first round talent...definitely not at 13....maybe at 31 if a team loves him enough to take a reach...

+1

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been pimping Corey Davis for months now. Last night Bruce Cooper said the Cardinals should draft Corey Davis.

I know it's a pipe dream but I'm still holding out hope for Corey Davis.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Most likely: A QB. Ill be disappointed no matter who.

Hoping: DL Allen or CB Wilson

Also acceptables: WR Davis, G Lamp, TE Howard

Massive disappointment: WR Williams, DL Mcdowell